Y&R: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

The forced conversation due to being stuck in an elevator...seemed like it was forced interaction. Eh. I wasn't feeling that aspect. Jill calling Hilary "girlfriend" was priceless.

Devon and Roxy NO LAST NAME were together for a little less than 6 years. And you right, that's 15 in soap time. lol. But I think we all agree that the relationship was nothing despite the longevity. It was all off screen. But let's not make it into something more than it was because some don't want Hilary with Devon and would rather see him stuck in no love life land with a day player who was on all of 6 to 7 times a year. Roxy's sole purpose was to silence cries of Devon having an inappropriate tendre for Lily and to keep him from being paired with other contract players in his age range. If the writers want to keep Roxy then they would need to give TA a contract, a last name, and a story. Otherwise, move on...

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today is not the first time where Tyler and Abby has had some unrealistic manufactured drama that was resolved by the end of the episode. That whole not saying I love you but being in love drama falls into the same category. I liked them when they were just getting to know each other although they have zero chemistry and are dry as toast together...but this stuff is now stupid. The writers just give them lines to have them on screen. Which is fine I guess since RW is so pretty and I like looking at him.

• Members

Of course they are not invested in this. Otherwise, we would see their development on screen. I give the writers kudos for trying with Tyler after the plans with Lily didn't work out like they wanted but it is clear that Tyler and Abby were never meant to be paired. They have nothing right now. No story. Nothing. This trip to LA..of screen. I was wondering when it happened and if I missed it or something. They are clearly struggling to come up with something for these two.

I wonder if they are planning on casting Mariah? If not, then they need to stop talking about her. It is lame..and like you said, childish.

• Members

I was originally okay with Tyler being given another chance at love after things didn't work out with Lily. Just based on the drastic drop in Tyler's airtime is proof that TPTB aren't very invested in this couple. They're suddenly telling us about what's going on between them instead of us seeing it. BORING! If I knew this was going to be the extent of their relationship, they should've kept Tyler and Lily bonding. I can atleast say that was more entertaining. I also agree having Tyler hook up with Abby was an afterthought when things didn't work with Lily. After watching that scene in the park, I no longer have interest in Tyler and Abby, and would much rather see both move on. Very tired of the repeat scenes for a relationship thats going nowhere.

This is what i've been wondering as well. I wouldn't be shocked if she arrived in town with child in tow demanding Tyler come back to her. LOL

• Members

Yeah, Tyler is getting little to no airtime and neither is Lily. That move away from them was not good for either character on that score although I think that Tyler's likability to some viewers has improved alot.

I also think that she will have a child and Abby won't be able to handle him being a father to the child because that would mean seeing Mariah. Eventually Abby will break it off for good. The child would also serve another purpose. I think people would see Tyler as a single father as more acceptable for him to be with Lily. I STILL don't think JFP has given that up entirely. If she had, she would be more invested in Tyler and Abby.

Archived