2013 Awards Thread

Toups

• Members

Oh yeah, the more I see of August: Osage County, the more I'm glad I have no intention of ever seeing it.

I don't think my body can take Streep and Roberts chomping the hell away at every piece of scenery in a film. Roberts has never progressed as an actress and looks like she's just playing her unlikable self in this, and Streep is way past her creative peak (I haven't been fold of her work in years, and I don't necessarily think that's as unpopular of an opinion anymore).

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hating on Lupita commences....lol.

Girl was flawless last night and that speech was just incredible. I'm so proud that little black girls across the planet have this role model to look up to and emulate. That dress was such a beautiful color....

I watched American Hustle again today and yeah it def wasn't anything special. Need to see Blue Jasmine though but I love Cate and I'm sure she deserved that award much as I loved Meryl Streep in August Osage County.

• Members

Hah - I thought I was the only one who was soooooo pissed by it as it was just so lacklustre, minus the costumes and Jennifer Lawrence.

EDIT: As we are talking about trends in Hollywood in regard to leading men and ladies. Bam!

Cate Blanchett looked fantastic and oozed old-school Hollywood (like KIm Novak prior to butching herself up) - she's not the usual pretty face but has class and elegance of her own merits. I wish there were more out-of-the-box figures out there as a lot of actors and actresses look very much forgetful as they look so much alike nowadays.

Case in point; *I* shaved of my beard today, as I couldn't distinguish between half a dozen young(er) fully bearded actors at the Oscars and finally realized that the trend is over. LOL

• Members

Very confusing, especially since McQueen (the actor) has a son or grandson with the same name.

However, actor vs director? I don't think so, but there is a rule in SAG for actor vs actor. Whomever began professionally acting first gets to use the name, which is why Vanessa Williams had to include her middle initial (L) in her professional name. The other Vanessa Willaims (Soul Food, the cable show) had claim to it first.

Archived