2013 Awards Thread

Toups

• Members

Ridley went fi-core during the writers strike which is why 12 Years was not eligible for the WGA award

But I think the rift is because the screenplay originally had them both credited and then it became all Ridley. Why who knows. But McQueen originally did not have credit as producer, so there is some feeling the screenplay credit alteration plus giving him production credit was a compromise. What the rift actually is, unknown, but it's not uncommon is it for directors and writers to clash.

And spot on about DiCaprio. He benefits from a lack of decent leading men in Hollywood films. But films have changed so much in recent years, there aren't that many actors who carry films these days, nor do films have the same relevance they once did.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do a double take when bland, unattractive men like Channing Tatum and Bradley Cooper are front and center at the Oscars. For all the talk about Kim Novak and the butchery of her face, she was still one of the few hints of movie star quality on the entire broadcast.

(I think Lupita has a movie star quality too, but I don't see her getting that opportunity)

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if this was already the peak of her career. She could have a long career on the stage/on Broadway if she tried, but I don't know if I expect Hollywood to be lining up with offers for her - mostly because of her ethnicity, sadly.

Like her or not, a role will always be created for someone like Amy Adams, and we know why.

• Members

I just think that Lupita is very full of herself and that's the vibe I get every time I hear her speak .

On a shallow note - why would she wear a plunging dress like that when she literally does not have any breasts at all? She almost looked sickly.

Kate Hudson and Charlize Theron were easily the best dressed. Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lawrence and Sandra Bullock as well.

• Members

I loved her dress with the plunging neckline. IMO, small-breasted women are the only ones who can pull that kind of dress off. Bigger chests in something like that would have looked tacky.

JMO of course. :)

Archived