All Soaps: Casting News - Who's In & Who's Out?

Ben

• Members

I know for a fact that Van Outen was thisclose to playing Tina, Johnny Allen's mistress, in 2005. However the executive producer at the time, Kathleen Hutchinson, apparently said to her over the phone "Tina looks elegant and puts on middle class airs but in reality she's rather common. You shouldn't have any trouble pulling that off." Oops. Van Outen's agent halted negotiations. Hutchinson was notorious for her tactlessness so it was no surprise that she was fired so soon after she was hired.

I'd be willing to bet anything she'll be playing Lola's mother. I've always noticed the striking physical resemblance between her and Danielle Harold. I would guess her character has a flirtacious encounter (or maybe more) with Alfie. Some have suggested she'll be another of Max's conquests but I'm convinced he's the murderer and Jake Wood will have left the show already.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never thought that character had a particularly long shelf life. Amy James-Kelly, after a weak start, has proved to be quite appealing. She physically reminds me a lot of Anne Hathaway for some reason-it could be her grin.

Is the character Sian possibly returning now?

• Members

The Valentines were around for about 4 years (5 or so if you count Sonny's return), which isn't bad by soap standards (the overhyped, generally annoying Costellos, who arrived as the Valentines hit the road, only lasted a year and a half or so).

I can't say I see this going well, but I guess I'll wish the actors luck.

Frankly I wonder how long it's going to be before some actors don't even want to go on this show. The guy who played Danny Lomax made more than a few digs after he was canned.

Of course POC actors rarely have the luxury of good roles.

Archived