All Soaps: Casting News - Who's In & Who's Out?

Ben

• Members

A little more, but the players are going on strike, apparently...

I guess DS is trying to be like Daily Mail and focus on both countries, but the US page is always laughably sparse and pointless. I highly doubt anyone in the US goes there for US coverage, especially soap fans, as it amounts to talking about which British soap actor is in an American movie.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

March Casting Round-Up!

--

Neighbours

Scott Major (Lucas Fitzgerald) & Alin Sumarwata (Vanessa Villante) return March 4. (G)

Anne Charleston (Madge Bishop) returns March 5. (G)

Nell Feeney (Janelle Timmins) returns March 11. (G)

Detla Goodrem (Nina Tucker), Paul Keane (Des Clarke), Gary Files (Tom Ramsay), Andrew Williams (Guy Carpenter), & Stephanie McIntosh (Sky Mangel) all return in March, with exact return dates not yet known. (G)

MasterChef Australia Judge, Matt Preston, debuts as himself in March. (G) http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a631860/masterchef-australia-judge-matt-preston-to-appear-on-neighbours.html#~p5BBtDsH2zBXkt

Calen Mackenzie (Bailey Turner) to exit? http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a632130/neighbours-star-calen-mackenzie-leaves-show-after-two-years.html#~p5BBjMC9LciyDY

Home and Away

Tessa De Josselin & Erika Heynatz will debut, with dates and character names not yet announced.

Samantha Clarke (Emma Gleeson) will debut, with a date not yet announced. (G)

Demi Harman (Sasha Bezmel) and Steve Peacocke (Darryl 'Brax' Braxton) will exit, with dates yet to be announced.

Coronation Street

Georgia May-Foote (Katy Armstrong) will exit in March with Lucca-Owen Warwick (Joseph Brown) and Jacqueline Leonard (Linda Hancock).

Ian Puleston-Davies (Owen Armstrong), Katy Cavanagh (Julie Carp), & Amy Kelly (Maddie Heath) will exit, with dates yet to be announced.

Lucy Fallon (Bethany Platt) will debut in March.

Tina O'Brien (Sarah-Louise Platt) will return in March.

Mark Holgate (Gavin Rodwell) debuts March 2. (G)

Rhys Cadman (Jackson Hodge) debuts March 4. (G)

Melanie Hill (Cathy Matthews) debuts in April.

Mark Moraghan (Adrian) debuts in April. (G)

The character of "Howie", announced in May, still has yet to be cast.

Emmerdale

Matthew Bose (Paul Lambert) returns March 5. (G)

Gemma Atkinson (Carly Hope) debuts in March.

EastEnders

Andrew Sachs & Denise van Outen will debut, with dates or character names yet to be announced. (G)

Timothy West (Stan Carter) will exit in March.

Hollyoaks

Helen Lederer (Nurse Mariam) will return, with a date yet to be announced. (G)

Karl Collins (Louis Loveday) debuts in March (sometime this week).

Zoe Lucker (Reenie McQueen) debuts in April.

Shortland Street

Joel Tobeck (Jimmy Isaac) debuts in March.

• Members

H&A: Damn, I actually like Spencer (when I randomly watch). But, I knew he'd quit soon enough after he said last year that he was happy to stay with the show for the long haul - dead give away that is.

EE: I like Ellen Thomas, and I always thought they wasted her in her last stint playing Grace. She could be related to Denise and Kim, or she could be Vincent's mother, or an ex of Patrick's. Given she's billed as being formidable, my guess is she'll be related to Vincent (I'm open to her being Ada Fox though, as well).

• Members

Ellen Thomas' character is named Claudette. The Ada option seems unlikely.

Ditto on Spencer. He really was one of the best on the show with none of that tired criminal drama suffocating him. I'll miss him, plus Andrew Morley (though this isn't exactly rare on H&A) was incredibly hot.

What source is saying James Mason is leaving? Link?

• Members

I didn't know they had named ET's character. Vincent's mother she is, then.

A lack of criminal baggage was one of Spencer's plus points. And, yeah, he is hot. I don't think he had many storylines, though, due to being a nice. decent character. I know he had the bipolar stuff, then the dodgy internet date thing, but not much in between or after.

It was speculated on NeighboursFans.com, where one of the long-time Mods said that their source told them James Mason is leaving. The Mod in question is reliable, and if they trust their source, then I'm willing to go with it. If he is leaving, then it'll apparently be in April. It would explain them shooting Tyler's opening credit shot with Brennan and Nate, but not Chris. So far, it hasn't been officially confirmed... but neither has Bailey's...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived