All Soaps: Casting News - Who's In & Who's Out?

Ben

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh. I never got the hype around Christian. Loved Syed but Christian was a snore. I'm guessing he's there for Jane and Ian. :rolleyes:

I'd rather them bring Zainab home. Or great characters from the shows inception till about the early 00s. Minus Zainab and Chelsea, no one from '05 and forward should be returning.

Next thing we'll hear is that they're bringing Joey and Alice back. closedeyes.jpg

• Members

This big welcome only seems to apply to DTC characters. We'll probably see a Dotty return soon...

The only reason Christian got any hype was because he was a safe stereotype (sassy gay uncle!) and then he got into a gay pairing (never mind that it sucked). I cringed at his crying scenes and at everything about the character, who was one of those odious uber-gay types, overlord of who is or isn't gay and what being gay means, and who had a habit of sniffing after teenage boys until someone in production must have realized this looked bad.

This whole anniversary is a reminder that just like the 25th anniversary, DTC cares about his own ego moreso than what is true to the show's history. The last one at least had a nice scene with Dot and Ian. This time we'll probably have Mick Carter scrunching up his face in closeup as Linda frowns and Phil wheezes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Neighbours

Travis Burns will debut as Tyler Brennan (Mark's brother) on February 9.

Damien Fotiou begins his guest arc as Therese' brother, Nick Petrides, on February 19.

Home and Away

Pia Miller debuts as Katrina Chapman on February 5.

Steve Peacocke l Darryl 'Brax' Braxton

Bridgette Sneddon l Sophie Taylor

The real life husband and wife pair are leaving for Hollywood. The article mentions that Peacocke will still be around for nearly all of 2015.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/actor-steve-peacocke-leaving-home-and-away-for-hollywood/story-fni0cvc9-1227203571493?nk=c6c9a6190eca941b2a345be59d777f7c

Coronation Street

Jacqueline Leonard (previously Lorraine Wicks, EASTENDERS) will debut as Owen's ex-wife, Linda Armstrong, on February 9.

Hollyoaks

Parry Glasspool will debut as Harry Thompson, Tony's son, on February 10. Glasspool was previously seen as Harry on the last installment of Hollyoaks Later.

Keith Rice's (Finn O'Connor) temporary return begins on February 11.

• Members

I really love Steve Peacocke, so I'll miss him to an extent. I only got into H&A in 2012 and now most of the cast I knew are gone so that's a weird feeling, but Brax, as part of the River Boys shtick, could become tiresome. It will be interesting to see what they do with Ricky, who is currently pregnant with his child, after already suffering a miscarriage last year.

Sophie was never meant to be a long-term character. She's served her purpose well as the pill addicted, mentally troubled ex-wife of the hunky as hell Dr. Nate Cooper.

Archived