Most Disrespected Characters in Soaps?

• Members

In your humble opinion, who are the most disrespected characters in daytime and primetime soaps - past and present?

I'll start with:

Rufus from Gossip Girl - when your woman, kids, your kids' friends, ex, and jump offs dont think to keep you in the loop when it comes to the happenings in your life because they consider you irrelevant, then you are disrespected.

AJ from GH - when your mother loves your father's bastard child more than you, her biological child, and your kindergartener son that you lost custody to via meathook ends up shooting you dead, then you are disrespected.

Brenda from Beverly Hills 90210 - when your boyfriend gets annoyed at you for getting upset over him dumping you for your best friend while everyone - including your own twin brother - expects you to suck it up like everything's all gravy, then you are disrespected.

Liz from GH - when the show you're on decides that your pain of losing your son is less important than the pain of the sperm donor who chose not raise him, then you are disrespected.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh Gabrielle had maybe the prettiest soap hair ever. I was so upset when she finally came back and it was all chopped off.

I might throw Kevin from OLTL on the disrespected list just because I always felt like Vikis oldest son should have been much more central and important than the writers have made him over the years.

• Members

Iva Snyder, ATWT - one of her sisters fell in love with the main who had raped Iva as a teenager, and Iva not only had to be fine with this, she had to attend their wedding. Another sister fell in love with her recent boyfriend, and again, Iva had to be fine with this and attend their wedding.

• Members

Rick Bauer. Every wife he had either cheated on him or left him. Harley reverted back to her teenage self, trying to hide her pregnancy after their ONS. Beth, FCOL, used him as a boytoy and STAYED with Alan. He was the son of GL's leading family, and didn't even get a kid until most characters his age were already Grandpas.

• Members

The fact that I first considered her a carbon copy of Blair because of their resemblance (forgive me, MissL, for I was ignorant back then) instead of recognizing her as a major heroine in this show's history (since it didn't bother to re-establish this/mine her history) pretty much supports that claim.

Even Morris the Porcupine got more love than poor Gabrielle in the latter years. sad.png

Consider me typeless...

• Members

Not only did she attend Meg and Josh's wedding, she was in the damn wedding PARTY!! Then after Kirk (I don't think she was obligated to be in that party, thank God, Ellie was dead to me after this anyway) Iva boned JOHN, FCOL, and then was married off to the most weak-chinned actor ever before being shipped off the show.

• Members

I'd forgotten she was in their wedding. closedeyes.jpg

Yeah. There's so much. I know she brought it on herself, but I also hated that Holden took Aaron from her, because he should be raised by his biological father, she lied to him, blah blah blah, and then within about a year and a half, or less, dumped Aaron off on a deadbeat mother and didn't see him again for years and years. She loved Aaron so much.

• Members

I don't remember that part---but I remember everyone treating her like dirt for making sure Holden's child wasn't shuffled off to some orphanage or left in the hands of that c**t Julie. John was all pissy because his precious Andrew was "caught up" in the drama, and he was done with "liars" after Lucinda. WTF.

I know Iva had martyr tendencies, but this was mostly about cleaning up Holden's adulterous mess.

Archived