GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. He doesn't. Because he is very mechanical in his approach. He treats characters and/or pairings the same way Frito-lay does chips. If you like Doritos then we will make ranch flavor. If you like Patrick and Robin you will like a new flavor. He knew the Scrubs fans would hate Patrick and Sabrina. So instead of creating a possible story that might eventually win Patrick fans over, he's done whatever possible to ensure those fans hate it A LOT. It's gamesmanship. Not story telling.

• Members

Well, people hate her because she's "perfect", but that isn't really a perfect, good girl thing to say. Maybe it's good that they are keeping her a little real. I don't know a lot of women who would celebrate another woman having a baby with her BF.

• Members

I think some of that about evenly divided audiences is just face-saving for unpopular stories. He complained to the press when fans didn't accept some of his OLTL trash, like the rapemance. He tends to write stories in a one-sided way and taunt viewers who don't support it.

I don't think it's written as being a bad way for her to feel - I think since it's not really Patrick's baby we're supposed to root for her, and Emma.

• Members

I can't even with Sabrina and her bitch Felix anymore. The fact that they've dragged Emma into their vortex of suck, along with Patrick, is merely icing on my hatred cake of both of them.

What is the point of Ava and Kiki? Seriously. Other than to prop Frodd? Anyone? Why hasn't Monica kicked those clowns out of her house yet?

Mac and Felicia should have told Emma to enjoy her doll, not offered to buy her a present she would have enjoyed more.

• Members

The explanation for Monica's willingness to let them stay there is actually a pretty good one. She's trying to lure them into her camp in the supposed battle for ELQ that isn't really even a story anymore AFAIC. So her hospitality has a purpose. But the mistake they've made is by not showing any interaction between the New Q's and the Real Q's (the ones that are left anyway). So it just looks like they've replaced the Quartermaine family with a whole new group of imposters and they've taken up residence in the Q Mansion. It's just weird. And Stupid.

We should be seeing Monica and AJ as a natural part of all these people living in the same house. That's the benefit. But it doesn't promote the story Ron is telling so it gets neglected. He doesn't have a reason, storywise, for Franco and Ava, or Kiki and Morgan, to interact with Monica or AJ so it's ignored that they should cross paths. It's those attentions to detail that leave the show feeling so cold and heartless. This would never happen on Y&R. It used to happen all the time on old OLTL too.

• Members

I agree except that Monica really has nothing to do with The Battle For ELQ [ridiculous as the whole "story" may be]. She's never been a part of this, so there is no reason for these squatters to be in her house! Leaving Monica out of any of the scenes is so that this does not have to be addressed - I mean, she tells Tracy every other day that it's her house and threatens to bounce her just as often. AJ is at his office doing nothing and Tracy will find a reason to stay at TMC (to be as close to Luke as possible).

• Members

I think a more organic reason for Monica to welcome Kiki - one they should've shown onscreen - is the fact that Kiki is another young girl, a foundling in the Q home, and Monica knows that story very well, because it is the story of one of her dead daughters (Emily, not Dawn). I think the Emily parallel is explicit, or would be in her mind even if in reality Emily Q pisses on Kiki from a great height, and it would have touched Monica.

But while I think that's an organic character reason, I do know that a scene with Leslie Charleson and Kristen Alderson where Monica compares Kiki to Emily and welcomes her to the home would cause riots on this board.

• Members

That would have been ok had they taken that approach as opposed to wasting Morgan and having that clan pollute what used to be The Q Mansion. Had Monica accepted this young woman into her home as she kicked out the other two, that would have been fine. As it stands, we have to be shocked by "incest" and one liners by that circus freak.

FRon don't do organic. They do shock and awe dipped in rhino sh!t!

Archived