GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe this was a reaction to the online soaps being "edgier" :P It was all kinds of weird and bad--and please nobody ties someone up in the guest house and then takes off to rummage through a mansion for whip cream.

I know scheming vixens (or even bitches) are a soap staple, and I often love them, but *Doctor* Britt giving Taylor hi-fives on how to win a man (cuz it's been working so well for her) just was so regressive.

• Members

Except it's not edgy at all. It's the same old soap schtick. It was merely done as a plot device to get Michael to walk in on Kiki tied up. It's beyond contrived and that's such a pervasive problem with soaps still. I haven't felt the same 'convenience' plotting and pacing with AMC and OLTL, they feel much more natural to me. And thank god for them.

• Members

Well said, and absolutely agreed. I mean c'mon--we all knew as soon as she was tied up that Michael would walk in on her (I'm not sure how Michael knew she was out there but I suppose Alice could have told him.) And sorry, Mac and Felicia are not so stupid to realize that giving Emma a baby doll at the moment would not be a good idea...

Archived