GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sidekick? Too high a ranking. Felix is Sabrina's manbitch! He has been on 5 consecutive eppies moaning about Patty and Sabrina while trying to fix their problem with Britta, the problem Patty created by screwing her in the first place!

I don't have much of a commentary today, but I was completely saddened by how cheap the show looked yesterday. The lighting and sets were just cheap! Makes me truly sad!

• Members

I am little confused about which actors are actually on contract with this gigantic cast. Namely Genie Francis and Ian Buchanan. Are they both on contract? They are such big names, I doubt they would do recurring, but they are not in the opening.

• Members

That short opening is hardly representative of contract status

Why wouldn't IB and GF do recurring? They aren't that big especially not in this day and age of budget cuts, soap cancellations and shrinking market. Both are lucky to have a job. I believe I read GF is contract but IB is recurring which seems about right for him as he's barely used.

• Members

I just realized that Sonny cant breed attractive children....lol

Couldnt they have found a better looking Morgan...and then Dante is his son too....man boobs..just like dad....lol

This whole Morgan and Kaka stuff is so shitty boring...who cares.....

• Members

No, it's just usually the way film sets go. Like Mr. Vixen said, it's not unusual to spent hours and hours rehearsing, blocking, and prepping for one or two scenes and then you can end up filming those scene innumerable times. That results in massive amounts of downtime for a lot people on set and a lot of people do end up just sitting around for hours and hours.

From what I know about how GH runs and films, what happened with Kelly Sullivan that day is a very rare example. They tape by set and people are 90% of the time only on one set per day, and usually you show up a few hours before your call time and then leave right after. She was probably on set all day because it was the last day before GH went dark for two weeks and they were block taping several episodes over the day to make up for the taping time they're going to lose over the dark weeks.

Neither are Lisa LoCicero, John J York, Kelly Thiebaud, Jimmy Deshler, Tequan Richmond, and whatever their names are that play Felix and Sabrina and they're all on contract too

• Members

Genie tweeted that she is NOT on contract just yet. I saw it Sunday on the GH TL.

ETA: I cannot find the tweet, but I could swear I read that when everyone was speaking of the FCW. Perhaps it was wishful thinking, but I don't think so.

• Members

I saw that. It was from someone at her fan event at fan club weekend. Someone else said later that she said she didn't know if they were ever going to offer her a long term contract which is probably what she meant when she was talking about a contract

She's been on a short term contract since she came back and they keep extending it but I don't think she's signed a long term deal.

Anyway, her call times on listed on the contract line when you call the studio, she's listed with the contract cast in the credits, and she's listed as contract on GH's official master cast taping list, so she has some sort of contract.

Archived