B&B: July 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think I saw Wednesday's show, so why did Thursday seem like a few eppies were missing where Wyatt was concerned? I feel like the reveal happened off screen. Did it? I'm honestly not sure. Slow down, BB! Amazing how Darin Brooks out acted 2 supposed vets! He squashed both like bugs.

Maya certainly earned some points (she's still billions in the negative, however). It's high time someone on a show (any show) told a romantic rival that the point of contention was done simply because they were done.

I don't remember if anything else took place. Eh, not important.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show is boring because Brooke is being portrayed as someone who didn't squeeze the toothpaste from the end of the tube as opposed to the trash that slept with her sister's husband. Everyone approaches Brooke and ask "are you ok". WTF! The drama ended and now Katie is being made to look like a raging fool for not getting over this.

I had been trying to figure out who Rena Sofer reminds me of, and then it came to me:

Michael%20Easton2-20110907-50.jpg

Two talentless hacks who have been playing themselves for about 20 years! If I don't see the 2 of them in the same place at the same time real soon, I'm gonna be convinced that Michael and Rena are the same person!

• Members

Wyatt is such an exact replica of early Liam IMHO, I can't get past it blink.png

This show is so bad at writing male characters. They all come off as beta males and get extremely watered down over the months.

I can see why. Was RS a fan fave over there?

• Members

I've never enjoyed Rena Sofer in ANY role, except as Lois on GH. Still, I thought Lesli Kay was amazing on GH and was never given a fair shot. I still haven;t reached Sofer's episode of B&B, but I'm not looking forward to it. I'd much prefer they have brought back Felicia and Dino.

• Members

I didn't say I wasn't going to give her a chance, I gave my opinion based on my experience seeing her in various roles. Coupling, 24, Melrose Place, Carrie, etc. She has been terrible on all of those shows. But as I said, I did enjoy her on GH so there is a chance I could enjoy her here. That still doesn't change the fact that I'm not looking forward to seeing her based on what I've seen before. Doesn't mean she won't be a pleasant surprise. I didn't care for Lesli Kay on ATWT and I LOVED her on B&B.

I hope this is how it plays out. Hope and Liam make for an incredibly dull couple, but she works so well with Wyatt. I hope they give Liam a new love interest while Steffy is away, because I'm not too crazy about seeing another triangle, but this time with Hope at the center.

One area where B&B is really impressing me is how they've been using Maya and it seems like they're going to continue to do so. I think they've done a great job casting both Maya and Carter and I'm loving seeing them featured more. The only area I think they need to work on, is showing a romantic tension with Carter and Caroline, which is their money couple, along with Maya and Rick. I'm also loving Rafael and would enjoy seeing him have a relationship, not a frontburner one, but just something there. Overall B&B has (IMO) the best younger cast in daytime, I just want to see more of them. Thomas, Dayzee, Oliver and Marcus are still waiting for that next big story and I hope they get it. I still say Dayzee and Thomas need to reunite. She's the only woman he's ever had chemistry with and since he's not gonna play gay, then they need to go for it.

Another thing I wonder about is what's next for Katie, Brooke, Bill and the other adults. Now that Taylor is gone, will Eric be without a love interest? You have Donna and Pam waiting in the wings. Then for Katie there really isn't anybody, unless they put her with Dr. Meade. I think the best route for Katie would be a relationship with Dani, although that would never happen. For Brooke, I think it would be a huge mistake to actually pair her with Bill, but then there is nobody else for him. And then there is Quinn. I have no idea what they will try and do with her long term.

• Members

She was so awful yesterday. It's almost as if she could not wait to live down to my expectations.

BB needs to slow down a bit. When they drive thru these stories, all it does is give them time to have the characters repeating the same stuff over and over again. Imagine if this show were an hour? Yikes!

Archived