AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Members

+1 Oprah did not become a billionaire by being stupid. She and her network are in a different position now than they were at the time. I assume this is a huge test to see how things go for perhaps the future. I love the online version of AMC(and do have concerns about sanitizing content even now) but being on TV does make more money and is a better bet for these shows lasting longer. So I am all for it. RC can eat it.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is beautiful. I am all farklempt- I really do believe PP (incoherent weekly press releases and all) when they say they will try anything & everything to make this successful. And I bet the slightly altered release schedule tied into this decision somehow.

The soaps fans who are mad at Oprah? Umm Oprah didn't have to pick up the soaps because you asked her years ago. Similarly, there is no god-given right to these shows on TV or to watch them for free. PP & Oprah are trying to turn a profit- so was ABC despite some of the FB commenters talking about "ABC giving them to us for free the way it should be". So shut up and stop making soap fans look like loons who can barely spell.

• Members

:P He just pi$$ed me off because instead of being glad that this could be a future outlet for all soaps, and could be a home for GH, he has to crap on the moment and subliminally make it about himself. Oprah should screencap his tweet and the second that GH is canceled and PP & OWN pick it up, she wields her power and gets him fired along with showing him the screencap why he's getting the boot.

• Members

Makes me angry how some people wont except that PGP didn't sell there shows yet people offered to buy them. ABC Offered to buy EON and AW (once NBC decided to cancel it) and CBS offered to buy ATWT/GL. PGP would be smart to pull an ABC and sell a liscense. It would be pure profit!!

• Members

In Oprah's defense, it wouldn't have been a good business move to launch her network with scripted shows of any kind. They're just too expensive. Now, a few years later, she has money to play with, so it makes sense to produce the Tyler Perry shows and to air the soaps.

WHEN?!?!? I can't wait! tongue.png

• Members

My octogenarian grandparents who found watching on the computer uncomfortable and inconvenient will surely be on board. I don't know how big the untapped audience is, but there is one out there. Somewhere. This reminds me of my friend's scrunch-faced, "Oprah be like, 'Y'all don't watch OWN?'" jpg.

Besides, you can count on the pressed among us to rewatch each and every episode, all airings, just on gp, let alone to compare and contrast what's been edited for OWN.

• Members

THIS IS A MUST! Bring back the family album. Using a reject from a 10 year old, pre HD opening before fading into what essentially looks like a PowerPoint presentation just reeks of amateurism.

• Members

And that's just an added, unnecessary expense at this point. When syndicating a program, you want a no-fuss, already complete package that you can just effortlessly plug into a timeslot. They're already going to have to deal with a few bleeps, dubs, and edits in accordance with basic cable's and OWN's standards. Does anyone remember how BET oddly spliced and edited The Wire into weird 90 minute episodes, or more famously, what became of SATC in syndication? Thank God we're not dealing with all of that.

Archived