AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, since they will air 4 episodes of both shows per week and assuming we will be getting 2 episodes of both shows per week do you think by the end of the 10 weeks the shows will be in sync so there wouldn't be a 30 episdoe delay?? Maybe they could run a marathon during the 5th week or something!!

• Members

Feeling like all of the recent developments could be the beginning of the end of MORE- not a part of OWN deal and with everything releasing on Monday, people might be even less inclined to watch. I tended to put it on Fridays while writing emails etc. just to have some soap content for the week. I'll try to continue to support PP but I could see it kind of falling by the wayside.

• Members

Exactly! I'm not even sure Oprah made a mistake originally. She's probably getting the shows cheaper, since PP is involved. I don't know and I don't care. This is good news as far as I can see. I just hope I actually have the OWN network. If I do I'm going to check out The Have and Have Nots, now that I've been motivated to search my lineup for OWN.

• Members

It is a Summer limited run ONLY. There is no guarantee that this will go anywhere. It is a test run to see how things go ONLY. Everytime fans get ahead of themselves, PP tends to jump in with some more news so I will not get my hopes up too high. It is positive, however, this new thing on OWN. Just have to wait and see how things work out.

It is a Summer limited run ONLY. There is no guarantee that this will go anywhere. It is a test run to see how things go ONLY. Everytime fans get ahead of themselves, PP tends to jump in with some more news so I will not get my hopes up too high. It is positive, however, this new thing on OWN. Just have to wait and see how things work out.

• Members

The only slight downside to this is the airtime. If it was network television, afternoons would be fine BUT on cable? On the upside to that downside, I doubt that Oprah has anything airing in these timeslots that would get better ratings which should make any advertisers she has for that time slot happy.

This is definitely a good thing - much more potential for succees than failure (the only way it can really fail is if it gets lower ratings than whatever is currently in the timeslot which is not likely). Oprah's not incurring much expense in all likliehood and will likely infuse some money into AMC & OLTL.

It's odd to say, but Tyler Perry probably saved the daytime soap opera wink.png I definitely think Tyler's soap was the impetus for Oprah's decision.

ETA:

Not getting Ron's bitterness. He sounds bitter but I'm not getting why he is bitter.

• Members

Oh its fabulous! And finally some good news on the PP front. I don't love the computer either- bought a Wii so I could watch on television (well told myself I would do WiiFit Yoga too but that hasn't happened).

I was only talking about the impact on the Friday MORE eps, which I'm not super invested in anyway.

• Members

Yes at the very least, its cash flow in the immediate future which they need with potential for something longterm

On the one hand I get doing the afternoon for the crowd that hates HULu and wants it to be ABC all over again. But hopefully if they do well, they'll add weekend marathons or evening.latenight reruns after the first few weeks.(Make it a lead-in to the TP soap)! I'm sure scheduling is at least somewhat flexible.

• Members

Yes!!!!!

I'm truly optimistic that these shows will do well on OWN and end up airing there permanently!biggrin.png

My mom's in the same boat, although with her Alzheimer's she can barely understand what's happening on a repeat of "Who's the Boss?" these days. But it's not just the elderly who couldn't access Hulu on their computers. Here in Vermont, my friend Darren's family lives out in the boonies where you can't get broadband internet (unless it's DSL, which I've heard sucks) and his mother and sisters weren't able to watch online. As long as OWN is on Direct TV, it's good for them! I also have an Facebook friend in Texas (Melissa, friend of a friend who used to watch AMC with her husband every night) who couldn't watch it online because of their poor internet. I really think they'll get quite a few viewers who are glad that it's back on TV again.

• Members

Actually, they kind of really did, just through a more institutionalized means. Not sure how I feel about it, since some of the swearing was so unnatural (AJ) it took me out of the moment. Still, characters like Blair seemed a lot more real when they let lose with the occasional "[!@#$%^&*]".

• Members

That sort of has to happen if they believe they may have a future with OWN past the ten weeks at 4 days a week. Hulu is barely going to beat OWN on airings for this initial ten week run with Hulu airing 2 episodes a week of each show and OWN running 4 episodes a week of each show.

• Members

I just want one that has Bianca, Billy Clyde, Dimitri and Colby in it and not (even though it pains me to say this) Adam. Evelyn and Joe don't need to be in it either. They can keep the shots of Adam kissing Brooke at the end or in the Dixie part but he doesn't need his own shot.

That doesn't surprise me. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if they're just not going to three or four right now due to the labor union hiccup. Remember, they've gotta make sure the episodes they have now cover the gap and air probably at least a month after they resume filming. I bet with this new change to uploading them all on Monday, three or four episodes would be posted if they could since it seems like a change from their last thought process completely and now seem to be borderline encouraging binging.

Archived