AMC: Monday, May 6th Discussion

• Members

Yes, Darnell is so brilliant. His award winning performances are just a small part of his wonderful acting. Lead and Supporting of the role of Jesse Hubbard so he has his beautiful record to speak for itself! Of course there will people out there who choose to be ignorant of his brilliance and diss his superior performances in narrow minded manner. There is no silliness at all and there will always be haters who choose to see what they only want to see and not the big picture. Everyone has a right to his/her opinions. You go Darnell. Shine on!

Yes, Darnell is so brilliant. His award winning performances are just a small part of his wonderful acting. Lead and Supporting of the role of Jesse Hubbard so he has his beautiful record to speak for itself! Of course there will people out there who choose to be ignorant of his brilliance and diss his superior performances in narrow minded manner. There is no silliness at all and there will always be haters who choose to see what they only want to see and not the big picture. Everyone has a right to his/her opinions. You go Darnell. Shine on!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is so great, except as Angie, going against her own marriage, against her own family to support David (Frankie and Natalia never liked David) so she has definite problems in her home by her own choice that will obviously cause tension in the Hubbard household. Showing her vulnerable side and that maybe her priorities are not in the right order all the time. Family first.

• Members

I liked today's episode as well, though the headwriter pacing issues from Days didn't occur right away. I figure as long as the headwriter's have help with pacing then I think all will be good.

- Angie totally owned today's episode for me! I liked Cara asking her how she can defend David, and Angie had some valid reasons for defending him while admitting that he has done wrong to everyone including herself. I think Angie has forgiven Jesse for the Ellie/Lucy lie, but I think her stating that they have all done stuff they aren't proud of was more about Jesse being judgmental toward David. I don't think she is kissing David's ass cause she did warn him to not make her regret backing him.. then giving him the glare near the end of the show to show she means business. So far, the women seem to have been given a voice.

- If Jesse hadn't been eager to come and arrest David then it would have been out of character. Jesse has always been a hothead, so it makes sense that he would act the way he does. Though Jesse... if even Zach is telling you to be honest with Angie about Cassandra then you should listen LOL

- I liked Jane and her smackdown to the kids at the coffee shop. I do think she might be a lesbian, and could see her and Bianca down the road. However, I like that we are slowly getting to know her first before throwing her in a couple.

- Which brings me to Pete/Celia. I'd rather they be written as friendly as opposed to having a couple sign over their heads as they talk. We are still getting to know Celia.. and we need to get to know Pete again. It seems like Pete was a nerd before, had a great idea that made him money.. and now he's acting cocky.. happens all the time.

- I have a feeling Evelyn will be Celia's grand-mother, and that Celia's mother was a student at the school once upon a time and got knocked up.. and Evelyn disowned her... when the parents died, Celia was given to Evelyn. That was what I was thinking would be the case.. but seeing the man in the mirror makes me question my initial theory. More of that and less of Celia/Pete right now.

- Dixie can play crazy very well! It's weird that the whole JR/David feud started because of Dixie's affair with David when JR was growing up. I recall JR didn't like David and that grew over time when JR hooked up with Babe then Marissa.

- I'm wondering if everyone knows that JR had the gun and Marissa was shot because JR had the gun? Or was it because JR was shot by David that no one believes David?

- JR waking up! Now the next part of the story can begin! Though David sure looked like he was going to strangle JR, but maybe Dixie walked in before he was able to squeeze his neck tight enough to show a mark?

- Miranda is equal parts Erica/Kendall/Bianca. I can see personality traits of all three in her, yet Miranda is her own person. Her outburst to Bianca was very realistic. My mom kept trying to say how my sexual orientation would be blamed on her, and I finally told her that it wasn't about her, but about me.. and if she didn't agree to keep her thoughts to herself and deal with it internally.

- A little too much swearing, and I swear. I hope they tone it down to an occasional swear word.. heck even have a character make a remark that it takes more intelligence to come up with another word other then a swear word.

• Members

I think that's going to bite him in the ass. When the truth about Cassandra comes out, I think Angie's going to be ticked that Jesse spent time harassing David when he should've been looking for Cassandra. Although to be fair, Dixie pulled that "If Tad were here..." card so she guilted him into doing it.

• Members

I am really enjoying the new Amc it's vastly different oltl. It's moving a bit slower paced. I have to say kudos to the casting director who did a great job casting the young actors. Aj and Miranda kind of have that Joey and Dawson thing and the actors are very natural. I also like Celia quite a bit and they have found a way to mix the old characters and the newbies quite well.

• Members

That's why what Y&R did to her was egregious.

My love of AJ/Miranda knows no bounds. Maybe it is because I have known these kids since they were born, and saw their star-crossed lovers story coming since their inception, or it's because AMC really hit the head on casting with a Miranda who looks and feels like a Kane, and a true un-tapped talent in the actor that plays AJ.

• Members

Its what MAB did to all these great soap vets in loser roles. Eden is back an fits role like Bianca like a glove. She was horrible as Heather but terribly miscast on Y&R. What I love about Miranda/AJ yes there newbies but I buy them and they have such huge potential for growth. They aren't so green like the actors were on Passions I had really go through all that bad acting. They are very natural plus have chemistry. It reminds me kind of Joey/Dawson Dawson's Creek. Remember how young Katie Holmes was and we loved her. The casting director of these shows did good job on casting. Honestly PP pretty much hired tons of P&G ATWT/GL crew but they know how to do a job well. I swear who ever the set designer is can he please redo my apartment. His sets are absolutely fantastic. I love though the feel that we are back in Pine Valley and this feels like All My Children. For so long under Julie Carruthers I felt the show foreign to me, it had no AMC feel to it. It was Frons pimping his faves and he wouldn't allow Agnes near he own show. Remember Frons loved Chuck Pratt only thing he almost destroyed AMC in a way it never recovered. Marlene McPherson is doing a decent job. We all didn't love her DAYS but she did say her hands were so tied at DAYS and they never got a shot and she won an emmy. The stuff she did with Will was good. She worked under Jim Reilly for years and years, he was her mentor. Lets give her a chance. Compare Marlene's AMC to Chuck Pratt's AMC, which one would you take? Marlene is a bit better then Pratt.

• Members

Miranda needs to the shut the [!@#$%^&*] up about her mom's sexuality and how it has made her [Miranda] life hell and how Binks didnt think of anyone one else when Binks came out. Really Miranda selfish much? You werent even born yet. So don't speak to things You have no clue about. Given Miranda's tirade today I expected her to close with I bet u cried rape on Michael Cambias and wanted to see what sex with a man was like. She is so on my nerves.

I hope AJ gives Miranda hell for all of that

• Members

SO worth the wait.

AJ went to town today--calling Hunter a pus*y, flipping the finger, assh*le. I loved it laugh.png Hunter continues to be horrible, by the way. But I LOVED how Jane took over and I too wish we would have seen her telling Bianca what happened. AJ finding Miranda and comforting her was very sweet. Although that crying was a little rough, they were very enjoyable scenes.

Zach needs a new haircut, a shave and to lose a few pounds (this completes the shallow quota of the day). But he was completely right when he insisted that Jesse tell Angie the truth about Cassandra. Human trafficking--if this is where this is going, the previous scenes with Cass make a lot of sense.

I nearly flatlined with the Celia/Petey stuff. Stilted, both came off awkward. But, that mirror scene scared me to death. Absolutely scared me to death. Whoever said in earlier threads that Celia was going to turn crazy, kudos lol

The hospital stuff was great. Dixie seemed to finally wake up and actually start acting. Angie owning the whole damn place. JR waking up. Greatness.

Miranda lashing out on Bianca was absolutely amazing. While she is wrong, I understand her point of view and it's very realistic that she would feel this way. What I saw was a teenager who was looking for someone to blame and it was done very nicely, writing and acting wise.

So far, solid pacing, things have been moving, we've had plot and character. I am on for the ride. smile.png

• Members

She is a heartbroken, angry teenager. Her behavior makes absolute and total sense. Most teenagers tend to process things through their point of view only and lash out on their parents as a means of release. That's why teenagers are generally considered a nightmare :lol: Tough to write, for sure, but I think it was done very well here.

• Members

That's absolutely true. Still, a teenager would probably even go further than that if they had to, in order to hurt and win the argument. It is what it is lol As long as it's well acted and written, I don't mind it a bit. And I'm saying all this even when I'm, technically, on Bianca's side. But drama for me is not about which character you side with (but that's a whole other conversation lol)

• Members

I know that Miranda is throwing jabs at Bianca, but I am curious to know if Bianca has told her (or if it will be brought up) how Miranda was conceived and what a jerk her biological father is. Also, I wonder if it has been mentioned to both AJ and Miranda how Bianca thought her daughter had died, when in fact Miranda was being raised by JR and Babe and AJ was being raised in a completely different town by a completely different family.

I know that Miranda is throwing jabs at Bianca, but I am curious to know if Bianca has told her (or if it will be brought up) how Miranda was conceived and what a jerk her biological father is. Also, I wonder if it has been mentioned to both AJ and Miranda how Bianca thought her daughter had died, when in fact Miranda was being raised by JR and Babe and AJ was being raised in a completely different town by a completely different family.

Archived