AMC: Monday, May 6th Discussion

• Members

Realistically, it seems like most teens act just like this in real life, and their parents are permissive. Sadly, it mirrors real life... though I know there are parent/children that don't follow this pattern.

I think Bianca left because she didn't want to say or do anything she'd regret. Experts do say that it's better to leave and cool down then come back to speak rationally with your teen. I know my mom did that a lot with me, and I turned out pretty well.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Zach is free from Kendall its about time .I am all for Zach and Lea ,i think Cara had abortion

and that is why she is frighten of David finding out .Bianca is just receiving some need Karma

after the way she treated Erica .David one step away from interfering in Angie &Jesse marriage.

Just wait to David find out that Jesse keep Cassandra kidnapping from Angie .

Celia /Pete is on way to much mostly cause they both are extremely bland characters

it make it hard for me to root for them .

• Members

I love this Miranda rebellion and how reminiscent it is of Mona/Erica. Except in Erica's case, it was a matter of socio-economic class, and this time, it is something so much deeper, a daughters discomfort with her mother's sexual orientation. This type of relationship and storyline has Agens Nixon written all over it. It is a true testiment to how much society has changed, where TV once was about a daughter's embarassment about her mother being a secretary, and now is about her embarassment about her mother being gay. Brava!

I cannot wait to see how Miranda continous to evolve. I also love how AJ is something of a "Mark Dalton" to her "Erica," a calming force in times trials and tribulations, but who has his own demons to deal with too. I wonder how Gabby will fit into all of this one day. Will she and Miranda be close ala characters like Tara/Jeff Martin? Or, will they be rivals ala Bianca/Kendall?

In terms of Angie/Jessie, I love that it is clear that the wounds from Jesse's deceptions are not yet healed. I love that we as an audiance know that Angie is a woman on the brink. She just "lost" Lucy again to Maya. Now, Cassandra is missing and Jesse is lying to her again. If this show plays the keys to this story right, we'll get a heartwrenching scene from Debbi Morgan that is sure to when in Emmy in either of the mediums categories (i.e., Daytime or Primetime).

Cady needs to calm herself down. Just like her last few stints at AMC, she is always over-playing her dramatic scenes. She forgot that her subtly and innocence is what made her a stand out as a younger-actress. I do love the longer hair, but there is something overwhelming matronly about the rest of her look. I hope they remember that Dixie is not supposed to be a refined woman, she was always rough around the edges. Her idea of getting dressed up was a sweater/shirt combo.

Another stand-out scene today was the Zach/Bianca moment at Jane's. I was really hoping that these two actors, with so much history, would get to share scenes soon. I also like the subtle reminder that Gabby is in fact Zach's child. I wonder, is Gabby also legally Reese's daughter? Man, it would be awesome for Reese to come back and reclaim her daughters, or maube even be a thorn in Bianca's side by bonding with Miranda.

I wish wish wish that Jane was someone more prominant. There are so many characters from the AMC canvas that could have more meaningfully played this recurring role. I mean, even brining back Krystal with a K would have made the character of Jane more meaningful. Now, she just seems like over-payed window dressing.

But let's go back to the main point I want to make about the Zach/Bianca scene. I love how fast the show feels because of the 1/2 hour. That was a great decision on PP's part. But, some of these scenes are just too short. There is not time for the emotional ressonance to come through. They should have had Bianca/Zach's scenes span over the the whole episode, with Bianca rushing to the Chandlers as the final tag. Then we could have the Bianca/Miranda fight to look forward to tomorrow. Yes, this is the internet and we want everything now, but I like the idea of watching a soap where every day is a "Friday" with storng cliff-hangers across the board.

Not to end with a bad note, but the whomever is doing the background music on this show sucks. Really sucks. The music is the David hospital scenes did nothing to add to the smoments. It sounded like the free stuff you got on iMovie.

• Members

Also, one last note. The girl that played Celia today really showed how green she is. I wonder if they had less rehersal time for these subsequent episodes compared to the first week where they probably wanted everything "perfect." I hope that she gets some lessons and soon.

• Members

Fine, I'll take it. I'll take whatever they give me about the goddamn gunshot just so we can move forward. I still maintain that the gunshot finale on the network was one of the most poorly executed things on that show during the time I was viewer. The MOST was the unabortion. Not because it undid a historical moment for this show but because it was scientifically impossible in 1973.

• Members

I agree. All Bianca owes her daughter is food, clothing and shelter until she is old enough to support herself. That's all. Miranda is being bratty for MAKING it her business. But, then again, what teenaged girl or boy wouldn't do the same in that situation? ;)

• Members

Just watched with dinner

Love unhinged Dixie. I always liked tad but I think shes a more interesting character without him. I don't need to see them schmoopily wishing on stars in their 50s.

As someone who grew up with Dawson's creek, I cannot get over the parallels with Miranda/AJ. The only thing they haven't done is have her come in the window. I love them so far and hope their eventual pairing won't be lame like D/J. Maybe we could add another a legacy kid in the Pacey role down the road? Denyse Tontzis such a find.

Love the Angie/David friendship. I'm excited for her to lean on him when the Cassie situation blows up because she will not be having jesses excuses for not telling her.

Cannot wait for the drama of JR waking up as it affects almost all of the canvas. I am getting a feeling that RB might be really good. Don't know why, just a feeling.

Celia/Pete could be good if it wasn't so insta-love. I need to know them more before I care about Colby coming to blow it up. I am dying to know who the man in the mirror is.

Glad we got some explanation on Kendall. Scared to think that the Zendall fans are driving to CT with their pitchforks.

Archived