AMC: Monday, May 6th Discussion

• Members

I think you missed the point that no matter how understandable or logical (which I don't think it completely was) her argument is, Miranda was wrong to have yelled and cursed at her mother and if she doesn't know how to speak to adults, especially her own mother, with respect and without catching an attitude then she shouldn't be speaking to them at all.

Also, do people forget that Bianca being gay was tabloid news before she ever even came out. I don't recall her ever painting all over town that she's in to chicks (Though Erica did a few times) but Bianca was always shown to be rather private about her love life. The only times I saw her sexuality being publicized or made a matter of public discussion it was directly related to something Erica had done. I guess Miranda should be unleashing her venom on dear old Mom's mom then.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Miranda has a reason for reacting the way she did.

Yes, she is wrong to accuse Bianca of the things she did.

It can be both, at the same time.

However, some posters are dealing in "should": Miranda should be respectful, Miranda should not have an attitude, should not have said anything, should, should, should.

Where's the drama in that? A well-adjusted teenager that deals with her problems in a mature and responsible way? That's almost the antithesis of what a teenager is! :lol:

What I'm trying to say is, in real life, all of those shoulds would be fine. Still, no one should expect them and I don't get why it's a problem.

• Members

she's wrong to have yelled and cursed at her mother? this isn't even logical. She has no right to lash out? while Binx is still buying tickets for 1D concert sing a-longs she has no idea what her daughter's life is like. Being screamed at by your child isn't great but they have to do that. If they don't that's where the parenting goes wrong.

• Members

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I agree that it was good drama. I just got the sense that some people thought Miranda was justified in her actions and that is where i disagree. But please show keep it up, if there's anything I love more on a soap it's illogical teen-parent arguments that end with someone yelling "Get Out" we used to get that from Queen Colby, I guess it's Miranda's turn now.

• Members

it doesn't matter when she was out and proud. Point is she's affecting her daughter's life. She's her parent and she's a very public figure. She can be mad all the [!@#$%^&*] she wants. Even AJ's gonna be mad too when JR comes back. Point is those kids have the right to lash out. Yes that's what teens do. Act like human beings not Y7 versions of lies we see at times on bad shows.

• Members

Thank you, Miranda was being bratty this episode and the whole idea that what happened to her on that date despite the fact that she ignored multiple warnings from AJ that Hunter was a douche, was somehow all her mom's fault is just laughable. Is she next going to be blaming Bianca for kids teasing her about her brown hair because Bianca spent her entire life going around town showing her hair to everyone?

So, what your saying is...Bianca should stop being such a lez because it's ruining Miranda's life! Okay then.

• Members
what the heck is a Y7?

She can be mad all age wants but her anger wasn't justified. It should be directed towards Hunter and those kids, not Bianca whom has been nothing but a loving mother to her as far as we know. Bianca didnt choose her sexuality and shouldn't be scolded for it. Miranda was out of line to curse her out. Bianca should have introduced her to the Erica slap after that

• Members

no that's what you're saying and in no way shape or for did I say that. What I'm saying is Mimo has the right to lash out and have a real reaction. Binx has to learn to deal w/ it and be a parent. Another words suck it up b/c this is what being a parent is about. Someone who runs the Miranda Center for so many years yet runs from her own daughter should know this.

• Members

7 yr. old approved TV language and content.

Notice how Binxs never asked about that. No one is judging Binx's sexuality, that's not what I'm doing. She has yet to become a parent. This is her first big issue and she off the bat decided to leave and not have that convo. to cool the f' down. Maybe now she'll actually find out what's going on w/ her 16 yr. old daughter who hasn't gone out boys until yr. 1 in H.S.

• Members

I think everyone agrees she shouldn't have run, but that doesn't make Miranda's behavior okay, and it doesn't make Bianca a bad parent that she got flustered and didn't know how to respond. But the gist of your other post seemed to be that Miranda had a right to lash out because Bianca was affecting her daughter's life by being gay. That really doesn't give anyone, regardless of their age a right to lash out in my book. It is not the same as AJ potentially lashing out at JR for being a crazy murdering drunk.

• Members

Miranda was acting JUST like every teen on every teen soap ever. And I'm tired of seeing it, these ineffective parents letting their kids talk to them anyway they please. They could have easily had Miranda scream the same things AND have Bianca should some sort of authority over her daughter. Even if it didn't do anything it would have been nice to see her act like a parent and not some cowering schoolgirl.

Archived