AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

Then why plead guilty to manslaughter (which I doubt David would under any circumstances)? Why not take it to a jury and argue that he saw JR with the gun, attempted to remove it from him, and that JR was responsible for it going off when he fought David for it?

No, he couldn't. And this isn't "Murder, She Wrote." Fingerprints mean diddly.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because they had to pass five years, and David has already said had no regrets about blowing J.R. away so he willingly pled guilty. I imagine the murder of his daughter left him in a very dark place.

• Webmaster

So, a person who shoots someone as a result of a struggle and may have their fingerprints on the trigger of said gun, who admittedly shot the person they were struggling with over said gun, can skip severe prison time, despite having no "witnesses" to prove he didn't shoot either person, because...?

• Members

I've said this already: JR had the gun. JR brought the gun. JR hid out at the Chandler mansion where everyone had gathered, and where JR intended to use the gun (whether on himself or on someone else is irrelevant). Now, we could argue until next year whether David's ethics were correct in this situation. But the fact remains: a good defense attorney -- hell, even a mediocre defense attorney -- hell, even a law school student looking for extra credit -- could have used the facts to argue before a court of law that Marissa's death was the result of JR struggling for the gun after David took the gun away from him, presumably to prevent a violent situation; and that David subsequently shot JR either out of anger (something that others have done in the past and been acquitted for) or by accident or to put down someone who posed the threat of continued violence.

Ah, !@#$%^&*] it. I'm sticking with Vee on this one: he was in a dark place and felt no guilt for shooting JR. Thus, he pled guilty, willingly. Never mind that someone could have come along as soon as the prison doors clanged shut, say he was railroaded up the ying-yang over this [!@#$%^&*] and thus overturn his conviction upon appeal. Because, unless the jury is made up of David's ex-gf's and babymommas, there's no way in Hell he would have gone to prison.

And I don't even like the son of a bitch!

• Members

Yes, rabid and loyal Zendall fans and Rylee supporters too. Very crazy fanbase and will not settle for nothing else. I am a dedicated and loyal Angie and Jesse (Darnell and Debbi) supporter so I can get those out there who want a Zendall and Rylee entrance to the Connecticut Film Center ASAP.

• Members

Yes, rabid and loyal Zendall fans and Rylee supporters too. Very crazy fanbase and will not settle for nothing else. I am a dedicated and loyal Angie and Jesse (Darnell and Debbi) supporter so I can get those out there who want a Zendall and Rylee entrance to the Connecticut Film Center ASAP.

Yes, this reboot is going to take time. Core cast members prepping to comeback and rotating other characters too. This show will grow and diversify so this is great. It would give evidence that ABC should have never cancelled it in the first place and it would give a cable net a more higher interest in putting the show on their schedules too. More is better, to a point.

• Members

Actually, no, because attempted murder argues for premeditation, and no way would the D.A. pin those charges on David unless he had proof that David had intended to kill Marissa. (Not that I would have blamed him, lol.) JR stands a better chance of being charged with attempted murder given his actions that night. The D.A. would more than likely have David plead down from manslaughter to something else.

• Webmaster

Speaking of the gun...

Question posed to Vincent Irizarry on MORE All My Children (5/3/13 episode): What Does David think should happen to JR after killing Marissa?

Answer from Vincent: I think he should be drawn and quartered, what do you think? of course. What else is he gonna say? He wants his revenge. If there's anything -- anybody that he wants revenge with, it's with JR. He definitely wants revenge, and he also spent five years in jail because he tried to kill JR at that very moment when this happened, at the gunshot. But, unfortunately, Dr. David isn't as good of an aim as he is a world renowned cardiologist. He's not just your general practitioner, by the way. I just want to make sure everybody understands that

Archived