AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm not even sure that's a thing. Regardless, David said he plead guilty and wishes he had better aim. But what I don't get is Angie's remark about everyone blaming David for what happened to Marissa when they knew damn well it was JR's fault. I thought JR was the one that actually pulled the trigger but I could be wrong.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I know but this seemed like something was going on that we didn't know about. I mean, David has no reason to kill his daughter so blaming him for her death literally makes no sense, especially since Jesse knows David went to jail for trying to kill JR out of revenge. I hope some of this is cleared up after JR wakes up.

• Members
from what we saw, Marissa was killed after David went after JR and they struggled over the gun. I can see people rationalizing things by saying JR wasn't going to shoot Marissa and she only died bc of David's interference. For all we know Bianca was his target and if she feels that Marissa died in her place bc of David, I can see that furling her hate towards him.

• Members

We see Bianca attacking JR though so I'm not sure she's against David, I think she knows he was only trying to help. I'm thinking about that manslaughter charge - technically David shot the gun that killed Marissa and maybe they attributed the "manslaughter" term to what he did to JR even though he didn't die as a way of also accounting for what happened with Marissa. Not that that makes sense either lol.

• Members

This quote doesn't make sense though:

Angie: This whole town had him convicted before Marissa's heart even stopped beating - and we all know that was JR's doing.

That really makes it sounds like David's lovely hypocrite townsfolk tried to get him jailed up for Marissa's murder. Ugh this is confusing, maybe he was charged for manslaughter (Marissa) and attempted murder (JR). Not sure which would carry a greater sentence.

• Members
that honestly sounds consistent with how things would have been portrayed on the old AMC. People were trying to get David in jail for years and automatically blamed him for everything under the sun. It didnt have to make sense to them

• Members

Much, much better episode than Tuesday and Wednesday. No coincidence the show was centered on David. David is probably the only character who can carry the show on his own on the canvas right now. Loved David exploring his feelings about JR, and Angie discussing him with Jesse and Zach. No surprise we got confirmation that Marissa is the one who died -- sad but it actually immortalizes the character more than if she and Bianca had just broken up off screen. Another great David-centric cliffhanger as he tries to strangle JR to keep JR from waking up -- wow!

The twist with Hunter and Sally was cool too. So Hunter was a creep, but for a different reason than AJ thought. Don't approve of AJ punching Hunter though, as I always say when there is violence on soaps or in the media in general -- the cheap, quick "dramatic" punch.

Nice scenes between AJ and Miranda, and Miranda and Bianca, at the beginning as Miranda was getting ready for her date.

I've heard "gap year" used before, and I'm in the US, but I think it's more frequently used in the UK (which actually fits with the "not of this country" feel of Celia's weird story).

Liked Petey's message and "look out the window" thing, as corny/cliched as it was.

Overall, a good script by Chip Hayes, and I was glad to see the opening credits back too.

• Members

Watching this recap & I really like how its turning out. Very cool and I will definitely be tuning into these every week. Love the BTS vibe & commentary!

Ginger Smith's remarks are lovely and I'm so curious what "core cast members" are coming back that she can't reveal!

Swooning over Denyse Tontz. She's adorable and speaks very well ;-)

Vincent's description of the character of David & his purpose in PV was spot on!

Something about that host is stiff/grating but she's alright

• Members

ICAM! I hope the people at PP are smarter than ABC was when it comes to listening to the shippers. Imo, Rylee & Zzzendull dragged this show down and drove away former viewers (my mom and my friend Claire at the very least, although they're both older than the target demo). I'm grateful to Ginger Smith for not having them or the Carey whores back and refocusing on the families that should matter in Pine Valley!

I'd find Jamie/Colby intriguing. I just hope Babe is still dead.

• Members

Most of the people on the FB page are the Frons viewers. The Rylee/Zendall crowd got treated like they were the only fans that mattered for years because Frons was a Rylee/Zendall fan. Thankfully our long dark national nightmare is over but those viewers haven't clued into that. I loathe the idea of seeing those characters again but even if they do show up I'm hopeful that now that we are no longer locked in the Frons Institute for Viewer Training they won't be allowed to consume the show the way they did before.

Archived