AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am loving AMC so far, although I wanted to slap Jesse today for not wanting to tell Angie that her daughter was kidnapped. Hey Jesse, tell us again what a great idea it was to NOT tell your wife that her baby daughter was dead? Is he really that stupid?

Vincent Irizarry was wonderful in today's episode. I absolutely loved watching him with JR. I am not remotely surprised that Marissa was killed and David shot JR - I called Marissa's death when AMC ended on ABC.

What I want to see now is David and Bianca bonding over their mutual loss AND scheming together to take down JR and everyone supporting him. Come on AMC, make it happen!

• Members

I hadn't even considered this! That would be amazing. Plus then we get fallout for AJ and Miranda as they come to terms with the fact that one of his grandfathers is conspiring with her mother to take down his father for killing his and Miranda's stepmom in a fit of drunken homophobia.

• Members

Yep. It has the potential to be really amazing if done well. Heck, that shooting could spawn a Kane-Hayward-Montgomery vs Chandler feud that tops the Adam/Palmer feuds of years past. Imagine JR, Adam, and Dixie on one side with Brooke and Colby being drawn in, and David and Bianca on the other. When Erica returns, she'd deal with her issues with David in order to help Bianca, and you'd have AJ and Miranda in the middle.

8703580874_99380479e9_m.jpg

• Members

David The Toxic Revenger doesn't need any helpers vs. JR, as the scenes in the tunnel and the hospital amply proved! Besides, Bianca is too goody-two-shoes to work with David. She'll have her tantrum scene against JR that we saw in the preview and that'll be it IMO!

Quoting posts isn't working for me, so in response to ThisIsHeavy's:

"Can I have David's baby? I promise not to kill it. I mean poor man, this is ridiculous he's lost three daughters to death, a son to faulty paternity tests, and now Cara's baby is being hidden from him. For what? Because he tried to stop Psycho-JR from killing someone."

David also lost children due to Krystal's ectopic pregnancy and his medical school girlfriend Siobhan's suicide. So that makes five, and I personally count Trevor as six because I'll never accept Pratt's godawful retcon. If it would help I'd go to San Juan myself and drag that child home for him! However, Cara suffering through the ethical wringer before she tells David the truth will have to suffice! She can have everything she wants and more once she does! smile.png

• Members

^ Bianca definitely had a good-two shoes reputation, but this is also the same woman who conspired to conceive a child with her brother-in-law and keep it a secret from her sister because she knew her sister would say no. Bianca is more than capable of letting her inner Kane loose, and frankly, after everything that's happened to her so far, JR waking up might be a catalyst for her to change her ways a bit. The clip we saw was NOT Bianca 'throwing a tantrum.' It was Bianca going after JR and trying to strangle him. When she's pulled away, she spits in his face. Somehow I don't think Bianca is going to just "get over" Marissa dying like that.

As for David's children... it was clear from the start the way that story was written that Trevor was NOT going to end up as David's son. Also, David did not WANT to have a child with Siobhan - he told her he had no interest in marriage or parenthood but he'd support her decision no matter what meaning "I'll pay child support, but I'm not sticking around to play house with you." Alex tried to blame David for Siobhan's death, but he was adamant that he had no clue that she was considering suicide.

• Members

Bianca wanted to have a baby with Reese, and she wanted Zach to be the donor so the baby would be a closer biological relation to Miranda, since Zach and Michael Cambias were brothers. Frankly, this made NO sense to me because why would you want your other child to be related to the man who raped you? And really, I mean, it just makes the family genetics so screwy - Zach is Miranda's uncle by blood AND by marriage, Gabby's biological father and her uncle by marriage.

I don't recall the specifics of how Kendall got over it.

• Members

If Bianca could love Miranda, the child of the man that raped her, then she could love the child of his brother, whom she already considered family. There wasn't anything that made no sense on that front. Wanting a close genetic match has its advantages. For example if Miranda ever got sick, Gabby could theoretically help her out. Bianca's own younger siblings are a perfect example of that. Bianca's motives were valid. The fact that she went behind Kendall's back was what was F--ed up about it.

It made it easier for Kendall to get over bc Bianca wasn't in town. Kendall was in a come for months following Gabby's birth and when she woke up and learned the truth, she was angry with Bianca and turned away from her. Bianca left town, and I believe Kendall had a scene with her where she said maybe she could come to terms with things eventually but it was too soon and that she couldn't be around her. When AMC moved to LA, Zach and Kendall were both written off the show and spent some time in Europe, where the sisters reconnected and were back on good terms by the time Kendall returned later that year

• Members

And that's the part of the story I couldn't accept. What on earth made Bianca suspect Kendall never would go along with her having Zach's baby? IIRC, Bianca and Kendall had developed a close relationship; and of course, Kendall would have been foolish to think, even for a nano-second, that this would lead to her sister stealin' her man. IMO, if Bianca had broached the subject of having another child so that Miranda could grow up with a brother or sister, I feel as if Kendall almost would have volunteered Zach as the surrogate dad before Bianca and Zach had the chance to consider it. If anyone would have had trouble with this scenario, it would have been Zach!

Archived