AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

In the many years Leslie Miller was a reporter on KABC here in Los Angeles, I remember her main beat being the various Michael Jackson trials. She wasn't one of the fluffier reporter types, and she does seem a bit ill at ease here.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think its because they were shoved down our throats for so many years that people just need a break from them. I remember that the actress who played Kendall refused to renew her contract unless she had a long vacation.. hence why her character was in a coma for a few months. i think she had just gotten married and wanted to enjoy the first weeks of marriage. That should have told the show that they needed to be more balanced.. but alas no.

• Members

Old habits are hard to break but old rhythms are easy to fall back into. Wiping the slate clean of the same old, same old allows for opportunities where the writers are forced to think up stories that haven't been told before with these characters.

Then have them on separately. Individually. However, I know that I do not need to see all three of them on the show at the same time. I think that's what the majority of the objection is about. Not that they don't want to ever see them again for "guest appearances," but just not all on the show at once with story surrounding them.

• Members

AC51wpp.jpg

Looks like Im the same age as Marissa/Babe. If they would have turned 30 this year and AJ is 15, that means Babe had him when she was 15? LOL. Im surprised they put a date on this tombstone. Not only for her age but actually acknowledging that 5 years ago was 2011

• Members

I'm not basing my assumption on Frons at all. I'm essentially basing it on the very vocal and demanding fans...some of whom are posting now on the FB page that they really want those actors, characters and couples back.

There are a lot of fans, particularly women, who, let's face it, have the hots for Cameron and Thorsten (obviously, the appointed "hunks"/"heroes" of the original show) and who do like (or love or are devoted to) their respective pairings. TK is already back, AM is expected back in some limited capacity, CM & RB have both said they were approached.

Everything's still new now and I think we'll have a better idea of PP's vision for the show months down the road as we find out who all does return, for how long, etc. As I questioned before, I can't really tell right now if this week is a true indication of PP's ideas for the show, or if they are making the best out of what they have by necessity because of not having quite everyone that they wanted...or a combination of both those things. Honestly, if I were PP reading those comments on the FB page and also having some idea based on the fans being vocal from the original show, I would be thinking I need to have these couples back and get/keep those fans' eyeballs glued. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.

• Members

The ONLY one that I think I could handle is Kendall (Alicia Minshew) especially if Erica is not going to be in the mix because even though I may hate the shrew, she is a legacy character.

Archived