AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Smh... I get private message lectures from so-called "moderators" about thinking before I speak and quit being condescending and preach, preach, blah... so I try to be diplomatic and BAM! Y'all come along and thwart my efforts! :lol: I'm over it.

I don't want those cancers calling themselves the Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall characters on this show ever again in life! I think this show is doing FINE without those unnecessary afterthoughts and really doesn't need to be bogged down by them. I really wish Zach hadn't shown up, either, but at least he's working in tandem with the Hubbard's story for now so I'm turning a blind eye to it.

• Members

I can take Kendall - in six months to a year. Not yet.

I can even consider Greenlee on her own, in a short-term or limited capacity, as a villain, in a year or two.

But all of them, and right now? Hell no.

• Members

I wouldn't even know where these people ARE at this point. We know what happened to Kendall and Zach, but what about Greenlee and Ryan? Perhaps Greens left because she sensed Leo was still alive after all? Or maybe Ryan decided to move closer to Annie's new mental facility so she could see Annie regularly? Again, I've no idea.

• Members

Of all of them, the one that I would be most willing to accept now is Kendall. Mainly because I think it would be good to have Bianca's sister, Miranda's aunt on the canvas especially if Dimitri is visiting. It would be good to see Dimitri face his "stabber" again. laugh.png

Plus I remember at the end of AMC when Kendall was pulled a gun on Rev. Ricky. That was the first time in ages that I found myself liking the character. I can't remember when that was the case for Ryan or Greenlee.

• Members

Ryan and Greenlee can break up anytime, anywhere, and it just wouldn't matter why. You can make up any old reason you want.

For one thing, Ryan was never ever comfortable with the scheming vixen side of Greens, which she constantly struggled to tamp down for him. Except the Greenlee character was, IIRC, an Agnes and company creation, originally just a spoiler for one of Agnes's many iterations of her teen sweetheart pairings, Scott Chandler and Becca Tyree. Leo and Greenlee, the spoilers, took off while Scott and Becca faded away (I liked Becca, but whatever).

Greenlee was always at her best when they hewed closer to the original specs for that character, and the last time she was anywhere near that was when she was married to David, and then scheming to keep Madison out of the way. You can very easily bring Greenlee back someday, single and pissed, out to make more trouble for Pine Valley. I just wouldn't do it for quite awhile, and I wouldn't put her back on contract. As much as I once loved Greenlee and think she still has future potential I can't even conceive of having to hear her voice again right now.

Hell, Cameron Mathison has always been a sweet guy, and such a good ambassador for the show, and like it or not very popular with offline fans and online alike. I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan again someday - far, far from now. It's just a matter of not making him a frontburner lead, or keeping him around for very long, or stuffing him into another forced pairing. But a short-term story of some sort, why not.

• Members

Regarding Greenlee and co. I don't think ANY of them (except Kendall) would even fit in well. The show was basically molded (well, destroyed) to accommodate them and now that it seems as if I am watching AMC again they just don't seem like a good fit for the show.

• Members

I'll take back anyone except Ryan, he's a monster and I don't think Cam knows how to play him as anything other than a complete prick. He's a nice guy but an awful, uncomfortably aggressive actor.

Greenlee played by Rebecca Budig can ONLY come back as an antagonist because if not RB will check the fuc*k out like she usually does when Greenlee isn't stirring up some drama. She can't play a heroine, it bores her and she does not hide that. The last time Greenlee had an ounce of spark is when she returned from the dead and was scheming with David. Once they decided Greenlee was saint and Ryan her savior and David the villain RB moved on mentally and clearly didn't want to be there.

• Members

Greenlee without Ryan is very tolerable and Rebecca Budig can be a very capable actress... so I'd be open to that as well...

I know her and Cam are best friends, but he just zaps any life out of her as an actress when they work together. I really REALLY loved Greenlee and David.... I wish they hadn't went the route they did with them. I never really wanted them as a romantic couple, but more as a tandem working to wreak havoc on all those that have wronged them....

• Members

Yeah this is my top reason for wanting her back, the Kane woman presence she brings & I'd love to see her and Miranda interact. I see Miranda totally loving & looking up to her Aunt Kendall ;'-)

And damn they really should cast Gabby, I'm imagining the Gabby + any mix of Zach/Kendall//Bianca scenes already...awkward, or?

And random: I desperately need Erica to get back & hold a Kane women reunion dinner.

• Members

Apparently Ginger Smith seems to be making it very clear that Core characters are coming and I am guessing pretty soon.

Maybe slower storylines with alternating days for airtime for characters. The writers will start pushing to settle down storylines, David, Angie and Jesse. For certain, changes are forthcoming with core and/or new characters coming.

MEK, Susan Lucci, a Frankie (Cornelius Smith Jr or recast, Natalia Fowler (Shannon Kane or recast) Kendall (Zack).

• Members

If Fan Focus groups express interest in wanting characters, showrunners will listen.

90% of the Top 5 characters fans want back ASAP, MEK, SL, Frankie and Natalia, CM and RB (not together in their respective characters),

Ginger Smith is saying more Core characters are coming up, maybe more sooner than later. We will have to see how AMC will unfold, grow.

I think it is great since PP may very well be looking to take the show to a cable net and maybe even be lucky to expand to an hour show as was before and that is great and more characters can be established and core characters will see more airtime. AMC will have to grow as will OLTL. We will see soon enough, for sure.

Archived