AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lifetime viewers will tap into HULU to see "their family" and offspring. What was working before, don't mess it up, per se. Focus groups/fan sessions know who they want and what they don't want.

Remember, it has been the power of the people, I mean lifetime fans who have fought and fought and fought to get AMC back. The family back. Fan Focus groups who fought to get the SuperCouple Angie and Jesse back an so as Agnes Nixon said, "why not" while she appeared on The View. Thus, the train/shack reunion scene, which by the way is one of the best scenes in daytime history, to date. The remarriage of Angie and Jesse is one of the most popular weddings of all time on AMC too. This is what attracts viewers because they want to watch their favorite couples/SuperCouples. General Hospital is brilliant to bring in Genie Francis and get the Luke and Laura magic going again. Good for them. People know what they want to see and know the legacy of characters and the legends of the AMC show. and they will not settle for anyone or anything else. That is family to them.

• Members

And all those characters that the FB posters keep wanting to see back were all new once and therefore, "disturbing the groove." I remember AMC before Zack, Ryan, etc. To some of us, those are the characters that came along and "disturbed the groove" and ate up the airtime that could have been spread around. I like Jesse and Angie, too, but when I was first watching AMC, they were not on yet. I remember them coming on, I followed their story, and I grew to love them. I didn't say, oh the heck with you, I want Chuck and Donna forever or I'm not going to watch anymore. Even though I was a kid then, I was willing to follow new stories and characters as they came along and not hang on for dear life to old ones.

Re GH, I was a L & L fan once myself. But that "magic" died a long time ago. They can't be playing the same star-crossed lovers they were when they were young nor should they. Besides, the show had no problem tarnishing that legacy, particularly in rewriting history in such ways as to make their relationship not the grand love story as it was once portrayed.

One of the frequent comments you see from ex-viewers of any soap who haven't watched in a long time or occasionally tuned in out of curiosity is that the same characters keep having the same stories and dialogue year after year, decade after decade. For everybody who stays for the sameness, there is someone who stopped watching for the same reason.

• Members

So people want to stay for the sameness and people stop watching soaps because nothing changes so at the end of the day, nothing gets better, nothing changes. Soaps will always stagnate with a percentage of viewers, whether newer viewership or older viewership and that is a sad state of affairs for Soaps/Daytime dramas, overall.

PP will see how things go with OLTL and AMC. This is only the frist official week in and time will tell what will happen. Storylines, good or bad, writing good or bad, viewers opinions on the shows both ways. I applaud PP for bringing them back and trying it out and see what happens. Yes, in a few months, it will be a better test/guage on just what is going on after awhile when OLTL and AMC settle down. Erica, Tad and others coming around to push characters like David and others in the backburner, maybe. Time will tell, that is for sure.

• Members

Frons was a Zendall fan? :lol: on what planet, not planet Earth, he was anything but, he wanted Rendull and nothing but Rendull, tis why we were forcefed Ryan is a god stuff from Kendall even while married to Zach.

I wish Zendall fans had been treated like they were the only ones that mattered, that was anything but true

• Members
I think it's pretty well known that Frons was Rylee supporter through and through. He killed Rendall early on in favor of that pairing which is why Greenlee always remained the primary lead match for Ryan, not Kendall. Zendall was NEVER in any serious danger from Ryan. He was only ever used to give them angst and drive their story. When watching I never got a sense that he was a legitimate threat to them as a couple as it was clear where the agendas lied

• Members

I may be the only one who is darn glad these air hogging characters are not on the reboot .

Kendall ,Ryan ,Greeley, Erica ,Tad, Krystal ,Jack there are more .

They coast way to much money the show is only 30 minutes long .

Having them come on as recurring characters yes and only when needed.

I love Susan Lucci but Erica was on almost every day.

• Members

Yup, here on earth he was. Whatever planet you're living on must be interesting.tongue.png

Yeah, it was reported in several places and very well known that Frons wanted Rylee & Zzzendull. Apparently 12-year-old girls in focus groups who had never seen a soap liked them.

I'd like to have Tad full-time & Erica back recurring, but I agree that the rest are not necessary.

Archived