AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

I like that idea. Dimitri as Celia's crazy guardian isn't working for me since he was overall a good person and he always loved Bianca so much through all his Erica drama that I couldn't buy him banning her from helping out with the Miranda Center.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be interesting. I'm still dying to know if Celia's supposed guardian ties into the canvas at all, I'm sure it does because I could have sworn I read somewhere that Celia had a connection to someone in Pine Valley's past.

• Members

But did he try to kill JR the night of Marissa's death? If so, then a good attorney easily would have argued in court that David's actions were not premeditated; that, in fact, they were done in the heat of the moment. No way would David have gone to jail for that. David Hayward got a raw deal.

Don't worry, Lucy will take care of it as soon as she finishes up her MFA.

• Members

Yes it was in the heat of the moment but the issue is the term 'manslaughter' because JR didn't die as a result of David's actions. You really don't think a real-life person would've gone to jail for shooting someone at point blank range, even in an intense moment?

I still think David was charged in some way for Marissa's death but I'm gonna need that to be clarified.

• Members

It depends. Some do go to prison; others don't. If the defense presents their argument well enough before the jury that the jury can see the reasonable doubt.... But I guess David's particular case didn't go before the jury, did it?

• Members

Indeed. You can't throw in the AMC kitchen sink into a 25 minute show and have the stories flesh out correctly. Also, right now there is a certain amount of people in the cast and certain stories. In the next sets of filming, some core characters are coming back(Ginger Smith said as such) and there will be other stories. That is how serial drama works. I understand people wanting those they are comfortable with on the show, but considering the time that has gone by and the fact that AMC was moved to LA causing other problems, that just isn't going to happen. People need to get used to that.

• Members

But given the facts of the case (regardless of JR's actual intent, no one could deny he was hiding in the tunnels with that gun) and the kind of person David is, it doesn't make sense for David to admit fault. Furthermore, if the manslaughter charge stems from Marissa's death, why would David be the one charged (for killing his own daughter!), when it was JR who had the gun and intended to use it? Even if JR could argue that he intended to shoot himself or someone else, JR still would be held responsible. And David Hayward would have gone all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court to protest his own innocence...

Unless, of course, someone made it worth his while to plead guilty and take the deal. wink.png

• Members

I don't think there is more to the story to be honest. I think technically (after watching it over and over), David is the one who shot the gun. I think he had grabbed it out of JR's hand, was holding it in the air and when JR was fighting him for it, David shot it twice on accident. This would align with Angie telling Jesse the whole town was out to convict David before his daughter had even stopped breathing even though they all know it was JR's doing. It's David's charges that aren't adding up to me.

• Webmaster

The gun may have David's finger prints on the trigger and he admittedly shot JR Chandler even if JR didn't die. He could have plead his innocence to high heaven, but he could still be convicted of murdering his daughter based on that and the fact that the ONLY witness (that we know of so far) was in a coma for five years as a result of that very night.

I do want it explained/clarified, sure...but that's my understanding of things.

Archived