AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

Random thought, but what are the odds JR knows the truth about David and Cara's kid? Cara and Griff seem pretty open about discussing family matters in JR's room...so wouldn't it be fitting if JR knew the whole truth and had his fun with David as an end result?

As to the core characters returning...

We know about Kendall.

We know about Colby.

We know about Dmitri

JR w asking up might mean Tad showing up.

Adam and Brooke's wedding could bring back Stuart, Marian, Hayley, all of Petey's sibs sans Adrian (Tad, Ross and Nina)and maybe even Erica.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At some point they are going to have to give either Miranda or Bianca a place to stay because they can only come up with so many reasons for her to be visiting the Chandler estate.

I get the impression that this Cassandra kidnapping story is going to be a big drawn out development, that sucks a bit cause I was hoping we would get Cassandra interacting with Angie sooner rather than later.

• Members

Cassandra's story is the one that makes the most nervous in this new universe. For all the talk about the language and "nudity" I'm more concerned about how this show will handle the topic of sexual violence. I have a pretty good idea of what we could expect if this show was on ABC: a mix of generic misogyny and implied threats of violence that always get interrupted. But now, what are their limits? How realistic are they going to be? Not so much in the on-screen portrayal but how dark are they going to take this story? For the first time in years, I'm watching a soap and I really have no idea of what I'm going to see.

If this were ABC we'd have Ryan and Zach racing to rescue Cassandra while Kendall and Greenlee assure Angie that they are the best men for the job because Jesse is a cop who operates within the law so it's best that he stay at work like a eunuch then come home only to pray with Angie. We'd have scene after scene after scene of people saying "Well if anyone can bring her home, it's Zach and Ryan."

• Members

Maybe I missed the boat on this one.... but I've been seeing a lot of people discuss Dimitri coming back... when was this confirmed? And is it going to be Michael Nader???

Erica MUST come back if that is the case. Not necessarily to reunite romantically with him, but with all their history... it needs to be revisited in some way.

• Members

Me too! I admit I was worried from the beginning when we got hints about it. But for all the reasons you say, I agree.

And I'm even kinda torn. In a way I want this to be realistic--and yet, I really don't wanna see a sex slave storyline done all that realistically--or one where it's just about men coming to the rescue. It's an extremely fine line they are walking on, and how it plays out will go a long way as to what I think of these writers.

• Members

Cassandra had better end up with a really good love interest after this story the writers will have to

make up for it . Griffin would be perfect but there would be no drama ..

For some real drama I will have David be the only doctor/man Cassandra trust and then have

them start to get close ,and Angie realize that David could become a big problem for the rest of her family .

The look on Jessie faces a long will be priceless.

• Members

OTOH, PP needs some kind of method to know whether a regime is heading in the right direction for this-or-that character or storyline. Viewer clicks, IMO, are not a strong enough gage. (Although you are right, ET, about focus groups being the "death" of AMC on ABC. Not so much because the network sanctioned them, but because they perverted them to support whatever twisted agendas they had at that moment.)

• Members

I agree that fan focus groups were really problematic during the last 5 years on ABC. But I do think PP needs a way to gauge what fans are enjoying. They seem social media conscious so I'm sure they'll figure it out but also look beyond the Facebook pages.

I was thrilled to hear Ginger Smith say that core characters are coming but I'm hoping that means Cortlandts (Doesn't Nina have other kids?), or Chandlers or maybe Martins (a recast Kelsey could be in the 30s group that everyone is saying is lacking). And hopefully Dimitri as rumored. I don't think they can or should try to bloat this canvas though so they need to add characters throughtfully. Erica and Kendall can certainly visit but I'm a little gun shy after 5 years of the Zendall show. I see Lucci popping up but not on a permanent basis. And really I don't think Greenlee, Ryan or Natalia are top 5 returns for too many fans. I say this as someone who loved Ryan and Greenlee as separate entities in the late 90s/early 00s.

• Members

I just really, really, really want Erica back. I miss her. It's not AMC without her. Re: Michael Nader coming back - I would be interested to see how he interacts with AM's Kendall, and I could see him being stunned that Erica and Kendall are close now. IDK that we'll see Kendall back in Pine Valley for any real length of time until this whole Russian mafia situation is wrapped up.

I have no desire to see Ryan back in Pine Valley ever again. I like Greenlee as a scheming witch, but the whole Greenlee vs Kendall or Greenlee vs. Erica bit got old. I wouldn't mind seeing Tad come back, but I fear that his return means yet another vapid, sappy fall in love, get together, cheat on each other, break up, someone dies but won't stay dead storyline. If Tad comes back, I want him to be pissed off at Dixie for feeling like she abandoned Kathy (who goes by Kate now) to sit at JR's bedside, and I want Kathy/Kate to hate Dixie for that.

• Members

I've been leaving my opinion on each episode on Facebook as well just in case PP is paying attention. I hope they'd also check out soap sites like this one to see what people are saying.

I can't recall where I read this, but I thought Dimitri was only supposed to have scenes with Zach & Jesse.

To me, AMC was never just the Erica show, so I'm fine without her back full time. I would like to see her recur whenever her schedule allows.

Of the 3, Kendall would be the easiest for me to accept returning, but I don't really want her back.

When Tad does return, I hope it plays out as you said. Kathy should be pissed at Dixie for first giving her up and not trying to find her when she was well enough and then leaving her again to stay with JR. I suspect we'll get to see this story sooner than later.

Archived