AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched David's retelling twice. It looks like JR had the gun but had not shot yet. David grabs him and they struggle and two shots go off. David even asked JR if he even knew who he was planning to shoot. The shots rang out because of the struggle. JR might not have ended up even shooting the gun if David had not grabbed him. Not sure what the after coma JR will be facing. JR did not shoot Marissa in cold blood though. David did shoot JR in cold blood pretty much though. But because he was grieving, his getting a fairly small amount of time seems right. Vincent killed it today!

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't decide whether Colvin is a bad actor or whether Hunter is actually supposed to be a cartoonish douche. To revisit my Jenny/Jesse model, Hunter seems to be the current version of that sleazy guy with the goatee who used to harass Jenny at Foxy's.

• Members
he wasn't charged for attempted murder; they said he got out for manslaughter and that's it. If anyone was going to be charged with manslaughter, it really should have been JR, not David. That right there is a flaw in the legal system that he paid for it and I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse ignored the facts just to get the opportunity to finally lock him up

• Members

I knew that Hunter was up to no good from the start.

David talking to JR and pondering shutting off the machine was a good scene, very dark.

Overall, the week was clearly introductory, but it closed out with a bit of action and I think it really will pick up from here. I think it has a lot of the feel of hold soap operas used to be, when characters were really fleshed out through dialogue and interactions.

• Members

Very good episode today but sad that we won't have another new episode till Monday sad.png Still better then the alternative, which would be no new episodes so I'll take what I can get!

- Great AJ/Miranda scenes. I agree that they scream Dawson/Joey, hopefully they won't have the same fate as those characters.

- Hunter is cute, but sleazy. So for that, I think the actor did well.

- We were given some great answers. JR had his gun aimed, David sees him and they wrestle for the gun.. but it goes off and Marissa is accidently killed. David feels anger and shoots JR, thus the reason JR is in a coma. and people assumed he was the shooter and thus why he ended up in jail. For a second, I was afraid David seriously would unplug the machine.

- Moving too fast with Pete/Celia. It's just episode #4 guys, slow it down a bit. I did like that Celia's interacting with Brooke. Brooke has been known for taking teenage girls under her wing, perhaps she will do the same for Celia.

- Dr. David is gonna be mad at Cara when the truth comes out. Why is Griffin back again?

Archived