AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The David/Angie stuff looks to be interesting especially since it seems those at the hospital still dislike him. I wonder if she will help him get his old job back

If his child isn't dead, I hope he learns the truth soon. Its cruel that Leora died, then Babe, then Marissa and then his baby. That's way too much for one person. It would be something if Angie was instrumental in reuniting him with his child. That would definetly add some new layers to the dynamic they already seem to have developed. That moment would definetly be an opportunity for Angie to throw the whole Ellie ordeal in Jesse's face if he gets upset at her for getting involved in the David/Cara baby situation. I really need to see this happen

• Members

Best episode of the week!

Quite a few questions answered. I loved the David/Cara scenes - so powerful and easily the best acted scenes to-date.

AJ/Miranda are SO cute - I haven't been this drawn to a younger couple in YEARS.

Angie defending David was amazing. I loved that Zach basically kept quiet and Jesse wasn't as crazy mad as he used to be on AMC 1.0.

The only character I can't stand right now is Griffin - I see he is still an angry overbearing !@#$%^&*] like he was on 1.0. He needs to sit down!

Bianca at the grave was so touching.

I really thought today's episode had it all - I can't WAIT for the next show!!!

• Members

Best episode of the week. AJ and Miranda are so great together and I definitely get a Dawson/Joey vibe from them. I was waiting for Brooke or Bianca to say something after Miranda left with Hunter. Speaking of Hunter, I don't like him. Maybe it was the writing, maybe it was the way he delivered his lines, but I wasn't feeling him.

Bianca at Marissa's grave was sad. When will she ever catch a break with having love in her life? It's always shortlived for her. I do hope the show can invest in giving Bianca some happiness in her life, aside from being Miranda and Gabby's mom. Maybe if they can get ER to come back and commit.

Aside from AJ/Miranda, the best scenes were Cara and David. Intense and emotional. I do think their baby is alive, because it was be so cruel for David to lose another child. But that's just my opinion.

Haha to David freaking out about JR showing signs he's coming to. I can't wait for JR to wake up!!

• Members

Well we got plenty of answers in this episode.

I'm honestly not seeing unrequited love from AJ for Miranda. Today I saw a guy who was worried about his friend, not jealous. He clearly knew exactly what Hunter was all about and seeing Miranda in that halter scared him. Just my interpretation.

I was tripping at David making moves to shut off JR's life support. Dude has been out of jail less than a day and he's already looking to kill a guy again. I cracked up how after David's Evil Speech of Evil, JR starts to wake up. That's the Lord messing with you, Hayward. LOL! Cara broke my heart with what she was telling David. She informs him of her miscarriage by letter, burned all his letters to her and didn't ask whether the baby was a boy or girl? I know she's lying to protect her secret but that's some serious cruelty. He doesn't deserve that.

I didn't get the impression that Bianca hasn't moved on since Marissa's death. I have no doubt that she's had other relationships but Marissa was AJ's stepmom and they did plan a life together as a family so I could see how the events of the day would make her go visit Marissa's grave.

Jesse and Angie, oh boy. I loved Angie basically telling Jesse to find some mothafuckin forgiveness and get over it. And Jesse, I wanted to go full Tyler Perry's Madea on him. You aren't going to tell Angie that her daughter was kidnapped by the Russian mob?!! You didn't learn jack from what happened with Ellie and Lucy, did you? Don't keep secrets from Angie about her children! He's going to pay for this and so is Zach.

• Members

Yes they are like reverse Season 1 Dawson & Joey with him pining for her. But I find them so adorable so hopefully they won't become as wretched as Dawson/Joey when they finally got together. I think the actress who plays Miranda really looks like a mix of Bianca and Michael Cambias. I hope down the road the whole issue of Miranda's father is discussed.

Did they expend so much energy casting AJ & Miranda that they then pulled random people out of the mall for Hunter & the curly haired moppet? Because that's what it seems like. God they were bad and I hope we don't see much more of them now that he insulted Miranda. I would much prefer Kate/Kathy and Enzo Santos (now living with Adam & Brooke) to round out our teen scene. Oh now I am sad because that could really be good.

Loved Angie today. Love that David/Angie vs Jesse/Angie fans is now a thing. Didn't think that would be our first divided fanbase smile.png

I'm excited for JR to wake up but I still can't get over how strange it is to see this JR in the credits with Dixie.

I like Pete & Celia but we needed to not see them today for overkill reasons. Even though he came on a little strong today, if a millionaire heir who looked like that was outside my window, I would probably jump down & marry him that night. This story feels like the one that Agnes's fingerprints are all over. I can't intelligently articulate why but the whole guardian angle just screams Agnes. Colby (who from what AJ was saying sounds like a vixen type) & the big bad guardian reveal should make them a little less saccharine.

• Members

As long as Agnes Nixon has her hand in the show, at the end of the day, it will be Angie and Jesse forever. The history will always be intact. It will be tested and challenged but at the end of the day, Angie and Jesse - the Train scene, the reunion, the magic will remain intact.

Darnell Williams is a brilliant actor. He is the second AA actor to win Best Lead Actor. No one has come close since. He has won both Supporting and Lead for his role. Darnell won for his scenes with Debbi. Debbi won for her scenes with Darnell. And all giving thanks to Agnes Nixon.

Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan are wonderful examples and beautiful role models in the AA community of a couple who stay together, no matter who or what. Darnell and Debbi give great hope to the AA community that love can survive and marriage can last since the high rate of single parents/divorces in the AA community..They give something for the AA community to strive for and believe in. On the Monique talk show the audience erupted in a HUGE applause for their characters Angie and Jesse surviving all and remaining intact. I think that Agnes Nixon can be proud of that, for sure. Remember, focus groups and fans alike pushed to get them back, thus the train scene/reunion. So, Angie and Jesse may go through challenges, but at the end of the day, Angie and Jesse forever.

• Members
I really like AJ and Miranda. And I feel they are better off as close friends, so I hope the show keeps it that way. Today, it felt like AJ was in the brother role and not so much coming off as jealous. I feel he wants to protect her anad keep her from getting hurt.

I kind of wish Bianca has someone else to talk to. It feels like she's on her own island and really no comtemporary to relate to. Poor woman has no friends. If only we'd have Kendall around for more than one episode (whenever Kendall will appear.)

Archived