AMC: Thursday, May 2, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought this week was good when all was said and done. The characters are definitely intact. The stories progressed. I can maybe do without the WE ALL HATE DAVID aspect because, even though I love when David goes dark, this is not all of who the character is. Nevertheless, the David & Cara scenes were beautifully performed and well scripted. I feel there's a heart to this show again. People are not just miserable, angry, doing hateful things to each other for the hell of it.

I've always been vocal about this but I think Megan McTavish's Purgatory bible really did serious damage. It sucked the life and soul out of this show, pun intended, because it just never recovered on the network. I always felt the heavy, stale, dark aura surrounding the show after she left and believe that led the way for other writers to do their twisted, dark, stories just for the hell of it (driving babies off cliffs, marking X's on people's foreheads, poisoning people into shooting their own brother, switching dead babies and burying them in the park, etc.).

• Members

I think AMC might be my new fave Soap, I've really enjoyed this weeks episodes.

And love the 5 year jump, I think it works really well as more believable that people will have moved away etc

AJ/Miranda & Opal/Pete especially I like their relationships. And lots of mystrey for us all to wonder about with Cassandra's kidnap, Celia's guardian & where the hell is Tad!

• Members

Thanks I actually wouldn't mind if that's how they turned out, as long as they play up his crush, have him finally admit his feelings, she rejects & it affects him in some deep way (like maybe he falls in his fathers footsteps and becomes a raging alcoholic).

• Members

Purgatory bible? I assume Mctavish tried to create her own soap? I'm guessing she used parts of her bible to write AMC?

If so, not out of left field to try that. I know when Agnes Nixon was writing AW, she used parts of her bible to create the Ada/Rachel character as a lower class version of Mona/Erica. Of course, she didn't drastically change the show to fit her bible either it seems.

• Members

Really enjoyed the AJ/Miranda interactions. They're sweet. AJ is coming off very adorable in all of this and I'm still liking Miranda. Everything that happened with Hunter was :o and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Loved Angie tearing into Jesse and Zach. Although, forgive me for saying this regarding the King of AA Actors, Jesse did some of his Facial Acrobatics towards the end there. Please don't.

OMG, even Petey realizes just how much of a stalker he is! I was really looking forward to not having him featured in this episode. I just can't.

Whatever at the cemetery scene--it was sad but I am not crazy about ER.

David/Cara was great fun, especially David's multiple attempts at killing JR. Good cliffhanger!

• Members

I think all we know so far is that a woman will be hosting the recap show for both series, and I think she talks to the cast members. Someone else may know more as I kind of stopped looking at the "In Production" threads less frequently.

• Members

Okay...I am so tired of seeing on the FB page the constant demand for a certain couple to reunited (of whom I was not a fan separately or together) that I hope the one who is already back ends up schtupping the brains out of one of the new characters. I guess I'm one of the few that is enjoying AMC 2.0's 5-years-later cleaner SLATE and the absence of those who dominated the last not-so-few years.

Archived