AMC - Monday, April 29, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Delurking after however many years I've been a member around here.

Anyhow, I've watched AMC twice now and loved it every time. I'll probably clock in a few more viewings before going to bed tonight. I'm just happy to have the show back.

I agree, the opening was meh, but I won't dwell too much on that. The fact that I'm watching AMC again is all that matters to me.

Enjoyed Miranda and AJ and I also agree, could do without that guitar riff.

I caught the Lucy flub the first time around and had to scratch my head, wondering how a 5 year old was able to get a job. Still love Angie and Jesse and it was so good to see them again.

• Members

This was good, in a great, classic soap kind of way. HOWEVER, and it's a big however, there wasn't really a lot of urgency to the proceedings. It was sort of "if you liked AMC before, you'll love this" and there was no real big draw to keep me watching aside from wanting to continue as a soap fan. All the stories introduced sort of just dropped in and then moved on and this abduction thing sounds absolutely ridiculous.

The plus for me is the great younger actors and of course Angie/Jesse.

• Members
Im not sure how else they would do it. They covered ALOT of ground with this one episode and there still is a lot of unanswered questions. I think they did a good job of reintroducing the characters and canvas. It did feel a bit hollow to me but I suspect that will change once more characters start interacting. It did feel quite a bit isolated as it stands.

Archived