Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Members

I know that. What I mean is that she isn't on the list of characters that PP licensed. Their license covers all the characters that were on AMC and OLTL when they bought the rights. Since she was on GH then and hadn't been on AMC and OLTL for over a decade, she's fair game for GH.

GH was able to use her in November for Edward's funeral without having to asks PP for permission and she isn't listed anywhere in the lawsuit as one of the characters that they're fighting over or that they had an issue with GH using.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh was that her story when she came on? It's all vague lol

One thing about Cassandra--The City and Loving were owned by Agnes Nixon (and her company either Creative Horizons or Dramatic Creations--one name was her company in the 70s for AMC/OLTL and one was created for Loving--forget which.) Agnes never sold the shows to ABC. So technically, while she did use ABC characters (Jeremy, Faison, Angie) on Loving/The City that was all done back when this wasn't an issue, and she would own the rights to Cassandra. I think?

• Members

Will prospect recast Starr and John? So far, I don't think either character has been necessary for the storylines they are setting up. I bet if they played nicer with the GH team, that Easton and Alderson would have been team players for cross overs.

I wonder if there is bad blood between PP and Valentini. wasn't he supposed to lead up their programming at one point? then, he jumped ship to GH?

• Members

He was meant to head up both their soaps--and RC would write OLTL. Then when PP said they couldn't do it--at least not now they were snatched up straight away for GH--so I don't think there's truly good reason to have bad blood on Valentini's part.

And not to get into this again--but I don't think it was on PP's side--originally PP apparently just wanted KA for *2* weeks--at least for now, etc. ABC said no--then PP filed this silly lawsuit (RH was not in a three year contract but just a one year so he managed to negotiate with both.)

Anyway Dramatic Creations was the company7 that owned Loving/The City so this Cassandra issue is not an issue regardless.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

According to the @Prospectk and ABC lawsuit & comments from PP and Jen Pepperman

According to the Lawsuit. ABC asked to use some OLTL characters. Pp agreed to loan them the following roles: Todd, Blair, Starr, Cole, Hope, Tea & John. They agreed it would be for a YEAR only since PP had til Feb 25th 2013 to begin production on OLT & AMC which it did.

During that year PP was supposed to have a say in what GH did to the OLTL characters. ABC never gave that to PP. They then killed off 3 characters (Cole, Hope and baby Victor)

PP argues the fact that ABC signed the OLTL actors who are identified to these roles to 3 year deals that made it hard for them to appear on OLTL

Then GH decided they were gonna turn make Tomas Delgado a OLTL character & Alcazar a GH character the one and the same. Even though ABC & GH had no legal right to use the character of Tomas but wrote an arc around that role anyway.

PP also claims that they had (ABC &PP) had agreed to share the characters between OLTL & Gh and that the OLTL writers had written arcs for Starr, John & Todd. However after RH made his deal with OLTL , ABC balked at KA & ME doing delas with PP and blocked negoiations between PP & them.
PP claims that since story had to be rewritten at the last minute it hurt the relaunch and the stories.

Then ABC held on the ULRS for allmychildren.com and onelifetolive.com and didnt give them to PP until April 2013, even though PP paid for them back in 2011.

ABC also blocked advertisements for OLTL & AMC even though PP already paid for the ads to air.

If PP can prove all this, then ABC wll owe big time and to me this does sound like sabotage

Archived