Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
There wouldn't have needed to be a transfer of ownership in 2008 as AMC was ABC owned and the character was ABC owned and in their vault. Its not like there needed to be any type of legal transfers or licensing for AMC to be allowed to use the character back then. Clearly that's changed with whats happened since the cancellations and change of networks

• Members

I HIGHLY doubt that specific issue is in their contract. I would be shocked if anyone on either side ever even thought about that fact.

I still wonder where Sky falls into all this.

Originated on AMC, moved to OLTL, ended on GH. She was a GH character last when the shows were sold.

• Members

I really don't think it matters. No one's gonna fight for Cassandra. As others have said, this fight is really about the actors.

Now I guess ABC could be petty and complain about her usage but really, it wouldn't be worth their time.

• Members
and that is the issue behind this thread; ABC's unauthorized use of PP licensed characters. GH hasn't used Skye since this lawsuit was brought upDitto. Cassandra was most likely wasn't considered when the original deals were made in 2011 as they were originally going to retain most of the original cast. Cassandra seemed like the perfect addition to this 5 year later scenario that the recently hired writers thought up

• Members
lol..I don't remember. He was making fun of Tess or Aubrey.that's what I would expect. Not that ABC would give a damn about wanting to use her, but it would be a perfect point in a countersuit, if they bring up that PP is doing exactly what they are being accused of. That could shut this whole down and make the claims all "baseless" LOL

Archived