Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Members

I enjoyed the Candace and Benny scene, at this point, he's the only person she really has any respect for and the only one who seems a bit blinded by her.

David is tougher than Jim, but even he couldn't really take on Candace. I laughed when she called him on getting excited when she's started talking about choking.

"Hug your mother". Seriously creepy, robotic line. She definitely knows the truth about Jeffrey, you can tell how she looks at him and how she reacted over the bracelet.

The way Candace again treated her mother as she if she didn't know her, but subtly taunted her was brilliant.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes. These overly long scenes where they just repeat their point a million times are wearing me out. Tika is awesome, Candace IS a sociopath but I don't think I can keep watching.

Plus all of the scenes are bathed in dark brown. You have a show full of black people, making every set mahogany is a mistake.

• Members

Veronica and her acting reminds me of the woman from Passions who played Eve. Both are bad.

Caught up on this thread... This show is definitely a So Bad You Have to Watch kinda show. I guess that's how Passions was to a lot of people early on.

I liked the initial episode. So soapy and cliche. I'll try not to repeat what people have already said... Even though repeating things is the name of the game of this show!

They need to get the rights to play Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills" and play it whenever Hannah and Benny are onscreen. WE GET IT! You've got bills to pay!!! And the house is in Benny's name, thank God! You can rest easy knowing the house is paid off! We. Get. It.

The constant recaps and the EXPOSITION!!! Holy moly, you'd think this was a 5-day-a-week daytime soap. I almost OD'ed on expository dialogue in the pilot.

Amanda, you are the weakest link, goodbye! The way the role is played, you'd think Amanda was 10 years old, desperate for daddy's love. But don't upset her, because you know what happens when she gets upset (is Lou Ferrigno going to guest star as The Incredible Hulk when she finally blows her top?)

I knew Gavin Houston's character was gay from the moment he sashayed on set. I just knew it. In fact, at first I thought the hunky rich son was boinking him. On last night's episode in that bedroom scene, I swear I thought Wyatt was going to kiss him.

Can't deny the eye candy and love that they have light and dark to select from. :) Wyatt, Benny, and Gavin Houston (can't remember the character name) He needs to be next in a shamelessly shirtless scene.

Sally Spectra! That's it! She's a combo of Sally Spectra and a poor man's Kathy Bates. I don't know why, but I kinda like her. I certainly think she's stronger than daughter Amanda or best friend Veronica (see that? Expository!)

Veronica is weak. She hates to see other black women succeed. She knows her son is gay. That 'kiss your mother' line was weeeeird.

And. The. Pauses. Between. Characters. When. They. Speak. WTF?

The first scene that bugged me was in the 2nd episode when Jim and Peter Parros (p.s. ill need to see a shirtless scene for him too, just to see how he's holding up) were in the office and it progressed so slowly with so many pauses. I thought to myself, geez at least add some background music or SOMETHING to get this scene movin'!

It's cute how in yesterday's episode there was a scene or two where someone was at the door and they used a green screen for the outside. I hope there's some on-location scenes coming up. They definitely resemble AMC 2.0 or current DAYS indeed, with all the claustrophobic sets. They don't even use backdrops outside any windows. Instead it's all sheer curtains with light blaring in.

Ok that's all for now. I'm watching :-)

• Members

Oh Lord, please help me! That Veronica woman acted SO over the top with her son and her suspicions. Wow. Have they never heard of subtlety?

Fox was heartbreaking as Hanna tried to deal with everything. Best performance of the show, by a long shot.

Speaking of acting, I'm actually starting to find O' Connell quite... OK lol Half the cast is soooo bad that it kind of elevates him. Because, really, the bad on this show is extremely bad.

That idiot Amanda! A family meeting is called and she invites Candace? Like, why not?

I did get some gay vibes from Wyatt and Jeffrey but I highly doubt they're going to go there.

• Members

I CAN'T F-CKING STAND HER! That scene was so cringeworthy.

And then the way she said "Hug your mother". OMG I can't with this woman and hope somehow this character gets killed off and Peter Parros gets someone else to play off besides this woman.

This character acts like she is 10 years old. She is working my nerves too.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

"And. The. Pauses. Between. Characters. When. They. Speak. WTF?

The first scene that bugged me was in the 2nd episode when Jim and Peter Parros (p.s. ill need to see a shirtless scene for him too, just to see how he's holding up) were in the office and it progressed so slowly with so many pauses. I thought to myself, geez at least add some background music or SOMETHING to get this scene movin'!"

So glad someone agrees with me on both points. That scene was THE worst example. And yes, the long gaps between answers in conversations it's like they all have earpieces on and are waiting to hear their lines.

Hahah I love how telegraphed that moment was from the first scene.

• Members
I know this is a double post but you sound like the show, repetitive! LOL

I also hate how static the scenes are. The editing in every scene cuts constantly from one character to the other, they hardly ever share a shot. It's like the actors aren't even in the same room.

I could totally write for this show.

Katherine: I don't want him to be governor.

Veronica: Why not?

K: No reason.

V: There's a reason.

K: No there isn't.

V: Yes there is.

K: No.

V: Yes.

K: Nooooo.

V: Yeeees.

K: No!

V: Why not?

K: No reason.

• Members

Missed opp here because many thought they were going to kiss. That would turn both families on their ears! That dreadfully long scene with two severely below par actors and all that came out off it is that Candace is sleeping with Dad? What a ridiculous anticlimactic mess.

Edited by ChitHappens