Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cutting was a throwaway line, but I'm sure it was meant to be key and will be played up.

I think we are meant to think Jeffrey really does care about his job and Wyatt--but the lip smacking scene could prove me wrong. I may be just prejudiced to thinking how Tyler Perry will deal with any gay character--

• Members

Amanda and Wyatt are both screwed up, which kinda surprises me. I thought at least one of them would have been written with a bit more stability. Someone on another forum suggested that Jeffrey's plight as a queer dude is a red herring. Assuming that this could be true, I can't help but wonder what result is to be achieved by making some guy seem gay if he really isn't. Candace suggested that Jeffrey is gay while Wyatt appeared to verify it on a hidden webcam. I suppose they could both be wrong about Jeffrey, but then what? If it's a red herring, I sure hope they have an interesting reason for playing it up this way.

• Members

Really enjoyed listening to Tika this morning on The Steve Harvey Morning Show discuss the show and tease what's coming up for viewers. She's just a wonderful talent and I'm so glad they cast her.

Edited by London

• Members

Episode 3 was an exercise in patience and will. These long, looooong, drawn out scenes only work when the writing, acting and directing are top notch. As a matter of fact, when all of these elements come together, I prefer the scenes longer. If this is some tribute to Y&R, then he should please stop. This is Y&R pacing in the most stereotypical, cliche, inaccurate way possible.

:lol:

• Members

The problem with the long scenes is that they are not selective. All of them are unnecessarily long and there really is no dramatic point to them. The characters are just rambling. Note to TP, this is not fleshing out characters or moving stories, they are simply just long ass scenes!

• Members

I promise I will never make fun of Jesse Metcalfe's acting again. All three of the family's sons are bland, boring and monotone. At least Metcalfe can act like he's yelling about something he cares about. I get that on a shoestring budget, you take a chance with young actors. But someone in casting really spent more time on getting benefits than evaluating acting ability.

I can't believe I'd watch Smash over this.