DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Members

well I think ED looks great on this show. The thing that is hot and cold is her wardrobe. Sometimes she's the best dressed and other times, she looks incredibly cheap and tacky. With that said, I liked how she's been looking this week. Her outfit looked good on her and her hair was well done

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So much WORD to this. I LOVE it when they put Ciara & Theo in the mix. They were some of the MAJOR highlights of the "Nighttime Hope" storyline. I LOVE that they are continuing with the theme of Ciara finding the very things all of the adults are looking for (like the wallet in the Nighttime Ambien Hope craziness).

I have a feeling DAYS will go this route, though the SORASing of JJ is going to throw off the timeline. Not that it really matters anyway. None of DAYS's younger generation should be as close in age as they are, save Sonny, who was born offscreen (right?) and is an open book.

Who else would love to see Alexander Deveraux, Justin's bio-son with Anjelica, come to town to stir up trouble with Will & Sonny? Now THAT would be inspired!

• Members

I would love for one of Justin's other kids to show up and cause trouble with Sonny! I would have made that one if his brothers don't agree with his lifestyle and so on. I really dot like that everyone (ESP. Caroline) are in with Sonny and Will. I would have also like to bring in the daughter if Kim and Shane and have her fall in love with Sonnys brother and making him accet his brother.

Man I would make this soap so much more interesting writing it.

• Members

Kristen spent a segment literally digging through a garbage dumpster....why the heck isn't anyone notice the stench on her? She had a full conversation with Maggie and was hugging and kissing on Brady

Ciara is a bit too obsessive with that photo. She better watch before she gets hers

So Bo is still out of town? For how long?

I don't like Ann so nice and normal. I need her mean and over the top.

I keep forgetting Abe is on the show

• Members

According to Hope, Bo is headed back from out of town, so not for much longer, Cheap21. (Maybe there will be a plane crash.) Anne isn't going to be nice for long, did you see that face she made after she talked to Abigail and Chad? LOL. She's faking it.

Intrigued why Ciara is hiding the photo. Liked her scene with Hope where Hope was all "is that how we talk to each other?" Ciara is a good liar though, whoa, LOL.

To the poster Dr. Neil Curtis -- don't know if you heard yet or saw the episode, Kristen mentioned the character Neil Curtis to Maggie.

Loved the great character-driven, relationship-driven scene between Abe and Cameron about how Cameron is not there enough for Theo as an uncle. That's a great way to ground the whole Cameron two-jobs thing in something people can relate to. Also liked the scene between Abe and Maxine where she was assuring him Cameron would be fine.

Chad lights up the screen when he's being funny and awkward.

Love how the characters (and the viewers!) can't figure out what John is up to reminding Kristen of their good times, with the Salem Moose jersey. Maggie, Brady, Kristen all having their own confused reactions. Brady confronting John accusing him of jealousy. Good stuff!

• Members

LUCKY 11:
Today's show featured 11 contract actors, 11 guests and 11 sets!!

Contract: Maggie, Abe, Daniel, Nicole, Brady, Chad, Jennifer, Abigail, Kristen, Eric, Cameron.
Guests: Maxine, Father Matt, Anne, Vargas, Seth, Bouncer, Theo, Ciara, Parker, Strip Club Waiter, Parker's Nanny/Joanna.
Sets: Brady/Kristen Bedroom (DiMera), Brady Pub, Coffee House, Horton Living Room, Horton Town Square, Hospital Waiting Area, Nicole's Hotel Room, Nurses' Station, Rectory Office, Strip Club/Chicago, Vargas' Bedroom (Rectory).

• Members

Really, I see it more as a cranky old man who hasn't taken a dump in weeks. The perpetual look of constipation interlaced with savoring his own farts tells me this is one troubled man!!

Lordy if the great John Black's plan to break up his son's relationship is to pretend to be in love with his ex, then he is more of an idiot than I ever thought. Although everyone's reaction will be of gratitude and admiration for his genius and sacrifice when it is revealed rolleyes.gif I can see Marlena forgiving him and understanding why he had to coldshoulder her to be "convincing". Then she'll be all "Hornlena horny, take me now"... gag me. I hope Kristen crushes them all like bugs, but yeah that will never happen...

Kristen dumpster diving was funny, with her supressing her anger at that waitress. Her chat her Maggie well played too - I love how to she has to contain herself so everyone thinks she is reformed and it is so hard for her to do.

Nicole and Vargas are hot, but I'm over them already!

Cameron and Abby bore me. Nathan Owens may be eye candy, but he is dull as a character. Abby and Chad are much more interesting, but also long term unworkable.

Anne Milbauer wub.png

• Members

And then he has his robotic hand gestures that he picked up when he was playing RoboJohn. I never thought I would say this being a Jarlena fan, but I am soooo over John as well as Drake Hogestyn. I never thought I would see the day that I would prefer Daniel's character over John, and I am definitely NOT a fan of Daniel.

• Members

I found the scene between Abe and Cameron very interesting in the sense that it seemed like a typical setup of a soap creating animosity between two characters who are going to find out sometime in the future that they are father and son. The "you are NOT my family" line that Cameron spewed to Abe seemed like a foreshadowing. Now yes, this would be an awkward thing for the writers to do since Cameron is "supposedly" Lexie's half-brother however, anything can be undone on a soap, right? Hopefully, I am wrong about all of this.

Speaking of which, I am really beginning to miss Lexie. The show FOR YEARS have consistently missed the opportunity to make Lexie a lead character who would appeal to some of the African-American viewers. Renee Jones definitely had the acting chops to drive story and I really wished that they made her a more integral part of the show as opposed to the token obligatory black doctor that is found on every soap. At one point, I was hoping that she would have been cast as Drucilla on Y&R (after VR left) just so that she could play a lead character. Now that Renee Jones is gone, the writers have absolutely nothing to write for James Reynolds (who has been on this show for 30+ years). This how is definitely trying to appeal to its gay audience. Can we get something for the African-American as well? Perhaps the writers think that they are killing two birds with one stone by showing us a half-naked Cameron. huh.png

• Members

The trouble is I don't think the writers are capable of putting the characters that ARE front-and-centre involved in more than one story at a time (see Abby and her incredbily-conspicious absence from the Will/Sonny/Nick/Gabi story). I am quite sure they haven't that hard about this Cameron story, unfortunately. :(

Archived