DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Members

lol. IA with everything you said AMD. As far as that envelope, Ciara better go and join Bo in never never land bc Kristen makes her have a little accident...lol

Speaking of which, its about damn time Stefano took care of that lackey that was blackmailing Kristen. That guy should have been put in his place weeks ago!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love the great soap writing of dragging out the envelope as a cliffhanger across several days.

Thought Chloe deciding to leave Parker with Daniel and Jennifer while she went to therapy, rather than being forced to, was an attempt that worked to "redeem" the character so that if and when she comes back, she will come with a clean slate. Glad this story is over.

Like seeing Brian again! Hope it's not the last time. Glad Will and Sonny set the record straight with him. Great to see the interaction with Chad and T there too.

Love, love the use of Caroline with EJ/Sami (disapproving but agreeing to let Sami make her own choices), Cameron (promising to keep her lips sealed), and then with Will and Sonny. As I keep saying, Peggy McCay's still got it. The show wouldn't have been able to pull off the fake-out of her supposedly disapproving, and then it actually just being her observing how great it was that her great-grandson was so in love, without her being an effective actress.

• Members

I think one of the things I am enjoying most about Days right now is that I like all of the cast and characters except Daniel and John. I can handle Lucas in small doses and characters like Rafe and Sami have improved a lot for me. But perusing Jason47's recurring cast list (http://www.jason47.com/days/recurcast.html) made me realise how strong the recurring cast is - I love all the recurring actors and characters, some much more than the main cast. Some of them are shamefully underused.

John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis)

Brendan Coughlin (T)

Sean Douglas (Vargas)

Judi Evans (Adrienne Kiriakis)

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady)

Bill Hayes (Doug Williams)

Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams)

Wally Kurth (Justin Kiriakis)

Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne Milbauer)

Ralph Waite (Father Matt)

Aloma Wright (Maxine Landis)

What a great list that is!

• Members

I like the recurring characters, and pretty much all the characters, too. They all seem multifaceted and fascinating.

I forgot to mention that I agree with how awesome the Kate/Rafe breakup scene was. I'm glad Gabi figured it out about them and also that she encouraged Rafe to try again with Kate. Glad Kate/Rafe are back in a truce and maybe going to stay together. This couple is too good to break up so soon.

Also I forgot to mention I like how Vargas and Nick are in cahoots on some scam ... It is a lot different from how I envisaged Vargas playing into Nick's storyline. And, I got a kick out of Vargas reading "Accounting for Dummies" in the prison library. That Earned Income Tax Credit / Form 8862 recertification stuff is actually accurate.

• Members

Not too many comments on this week's batch of episodes.

1) So glad the Dan/Chloe story wrapped up. I will say considering how horrible the storyline was, I think it was wrapped up in the best way possible (I agree, with the pacing of it so quickly there was probably quite a bit of rewriting/"finish it up" writing) I'm glad to see Chloe's character was somewhat "redeemed." I think this will make it much easier and smoother for Nadia to return to the cast in the future. Hated that Parker was left in town - he needed to go with Chloe. And hated the "family scene" as well - I was actually thinking in the "family scene" how that should be Jack and JJ, not Daniel and Parker... regardless, it was a sigh of relief to get a couple Daniel-less days this week. Surely he has come close to meeting his episode guarantee and can be on the backburner for a while.

2) With the new staff on board starting in 2013 you can tell they have totally cut Horton Town Square in half! Alice and Tom's plaque is now right beside a BRICK wall. The couch is gone, as is the stairwell and archway (maybe this means we can see Salem Park again.. the set that used to be used for).. I don't like it.. It makes the sets look even cheaper (a problem Days already has enough of).. I know they need to save space.. but when you compare Days to GH, per say, GH looks MUCH better, much more spacious and open.. The budgets have to be similar.. they get similar ratings. I know ABC owns GH which is to the budget's benefit.. but GH also has more high paid actors (I would assume) especially with all their 50th going on right now... however GH also has Cantini.. which has been budget GOLD - wish they would make their way over to Days!

3) I was actually thinking the same thing of Maggie in the DiMera mansion! I was asking myself when the last time I saw her in the mansion was and I honestly don't remember her there ever! I guess she was at Kristen/John's wedding.. was that seriously the last time?!

4) LOVED seeing T (back to his normal self) and Brian.. Also loved the interaction between Chad/T/Brian/Will/Sonny... love it when they remember that T, Chad, and Will are all friends and include them in the same group. I've said it before but PLEASE give T a contract.. the kid is a character we all care about! He would be perfect to throw in the Abby romance triage/quad... he is talented and someone we have seen on and off canvas for years (I wouldn't mind them even bringing Kinsey back to throw in the mix) Days needs something to keep building this younger generation mix.

• Members

Speaking of Anne, do you think she is really not planning anything more with Cameron, or was that just to lull him into a false sense of security?

I'm worried Abigail is going to bring something up about Cameron just being a "bartender" at the club, and make Anne do something when Anne was already going to drop it.

• Members

I also loved Ciara having role in the plot on Thursday's show with the folder.. I REALLY would love to see Days continue to let Lauren and Tarrell (Theo) grow up in real life on the show! I think having already won the audience over they way they both have its a no-brainer. I just hope writers don't get impatient and want to advance them to 16... Look at the success of Kristen Alderson on OLTL and Kimberly McCullough (spelling??) who plays Robin on GH.. they were both allowed to grow up in real life on screen and look at the success of both of those characters. Plus, not to mention the amazing use of getting to use those flashbacks in old footage!! Just my 2 cents :)

Archived