DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Members

Chloe: "You had a chance to be a family and you passed. Now you can go to hell" :lol:

Nadia's acting when Chloe was crying....oh boy. It wasn't good. So whats gonna happen now? Chloe just leaves town and lets Daniel keep Parker?

Caroline Brady goes to strip clubs....I cant LOL

ac8ufr.gif

LMAO at Ann grooving to the show. She was hilarious

A0X1NOO.jpg

What is this actor's name? He's pretty cute

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

omg, Anne is her own Twitter page. Her tweets are hilarious as she speaks for all the fans that flat out hate Jennifer Horton. Her page is nothing but pure SHADE. Here are some of my favorites: https://twitter.com/AnneMilbauer

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 26 Mar

A woman at the hospital wanted to know when would be the best time to reach Horton - I told her every other Monday between 9 and 9:15. #Days

If 'Horton Hears A Who' was Jennifer Horton's autobiography it should be called 'Horton Hears A... Who Gives A [!@#$%^&*]'. #Days

Oh yeah, fire the one who actually shows up to work! “@Dueler312: Kayla needs to fire Anne w/ the way she's treating Jenn #Days

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 21 Mar

I'm thorough. “@DiMera87: LOL Anne is everything to me going after Cameron too! Bradys, Hortons, and DiMeras. Love this woman. #DAYS

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 13 Mar

Working the hours Horton isn't working. “@JenniferSteir: Was wondering where @AnneMilbauer was.”

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 28 Feb

Nonsense! Unless that kid is blonde, hypocritical and lazy. “@JBeauty7: Anne doesn't seem like the type who likes kids. #days

Better question: would you trust Horton with your kids? If you want them shipped to boarding school and forgotten, maybe. #Days

A foot rub and a raise? “@KahneFrancis5: I can't wait till Chloe and Anne get what's coming to them #Days

• Members

Even with how far ahead Days shoots story, I am beyond happy that somebody o er there picked up on what an asset Anne has become to the show. Sometimes she is the best thing on a particular episode.

• Members

lol @ the Anne tweets.

The Jen/Laura scenes were odd for me. Where does Laura live? In Salem? It looked like the convent tbh - bad set usage. If she is in Salem, where the hell has she been all this time? Where's Bill? All too confusing for me. JLB is quintessential 90's JER Days for me, and I think the show paid nice homage to that style in those scenes - Laura offering Jen tea repeatedly was a JER staple. Jen talking in riddles and not informing Laura of the whole story until the end of the scene was also a nod to that style of writing.

I thought the Daniel and Chloe scenes were actually good (please don't hate me lol!) I liked that Daniel told Chloe to take blame for her adultery with Philip, something she has never truly owned. I felt Chloe's pain too. Is Chloe going for one more play before it's all over and done? Those scenes nag at me that the story told is not a bad one - it just features the wrong characters and is being told waaaay to fast.

I thought the EJ/Sami/Kristen scenes were awkward and could not work out the purpose. Kristen' SL is flatlining for me now - the whole Sy subplot is a waste of time - off him DiMera style and get back to the main story. ED is a such a treat to watch though, I wish they would use her full potential.

Vargas and Nicole have smoking chemistry. Vargas = Sex, Eric = higher love. Yeah fine, start moving things along...

Chandler Massey is a bad actor. I can't get around it. He showed some conviction for a brief minute in his scenes about the baby due in the month and time running out, but then reverted to mopey and disinterested again. Kate Mansi on the other hand has much potential, if only she was given a meaty story...

So many of the storylines have so much story to tell yet I feel they are procrastinating, meanwhile Dannifoe roars ahead at warp speed. What are they waiting for?

• Members

I agree the Kristen/Sami/EJ scenes are a little awkward. I like the idea of a cocktail hour bitch-fest. Dallas used to do those well and it is such a staple of any rich family in a soap. They have almost all the DiMeras (and Sami) in Salem under one roof, use it. Give us more zing.

They really need a dinner party at the DiMera's. Marlena, John, Brady, Kristen, Sami, Kate, Rafe, EJ, Stefano, Chad, Abagail, Cameron.

I am really liking Sonny at the moment. Anne is great, can't wait to see her realise she missed Cameron's performance.

• Members

Either the wardrobe, hair and styling team really hate Sweeney or it's concious writing decision to make Sami appear as tacky as possible. I imagine they watch Phil Donahue show clips on YT to get ideas on how to style her. Even when she's nekkid, they find a way to make her appear downmarket, like the radioactive red nailpolish she had on during the montage on Friday.

zy9fra.png

• Members

This week's random observations:

• I loved Lucas being happy about Jen breaking up with Daniel. That was so in character and such an "insensitive brother" thing to do. laugh.png
  • I am really tired of the hospital waiting room set being used for everyone's office, including Hope's. Where is the police station set? Why is that no longer used? angry.png
  • Things almost got interesting when Kristen began to unravel at the notion of Sy being positively ID'd. But of course, it was another way to drag this Kristen revenge story along until May sweeps. Pick up the pace writers!dry.png
  • Kate Mansi has so much promise. She needs to be in an emmy-worthy storyline.
  • They have really done a number on the Nicole character. Her getting on the Dannifer train is so out of character. This seems like an ill-advised way to redeem Nicole's character after what she did to Jennifer. Making her work at a church, working with a priest and now trying to be some judgmental do-gooder is NOT who Nicole is. She has lost her spunk and has now become boring. I had high hopes when they had her battling with Kristen but I guess that was only to drive plot. Didn't they learn their lesson when they tried to clip Sami's wings and make her a heroine? Nicole and Sami are meant to be vixens, not heroines! Nicole's character needs to be fixed ASAP! mad.gif
  • Did DAYS cut waxes out of their budget? Why is Eeeeeeeege's chest looking like Sherwood Forest?unsure.png
  • The Daniel/Chloe confrontation was so anticlimactic for me. I understand why it had to be just the two of them and I also understand that Daniel would have been the only person that could have gotten through to Chloe. However, Daniel is a character no one cares about so the fact that he figured out Chloe's plan and confronted her about what she has done to him was of no consequence to me. I actually empathized more with Chloe than I did him. On a more positive note, Shawn Christian shined in his role as an angry person who is angry at someone that made him really angry. rolleyes.gif
  • Oh what a treat to see Laura again! Oh how I loved her in the 90s. Yes, Jaime Lynn Bauer was a bit over-dramatic with her acting back in the days, but I always enjoyed Laura's friendship with Marlena and her rivalry with Kate, Peter, and Kristen. I would love her to come back full time.biggrin.png
  • LOL at Cameron doing stretches before his performance as Officer "Night Stick". By the way, I felt so bad for him when Abby told him off. The look on his face made me just want to hug him.
  • By the way. Caroline told me to tell y'all that she may have Alzheimer's, but she still remembers how to be a freak lol raspberry.gif
  • God how I wish someone would yank that pink streak out of Sami's head. It is actually more annoying to me than when Kate had her blue streak. Is that something that's in right now? sleep.png
  • I am going to need the writers to put my Deidre Hall and my Eileen Davidson in a front burner storyline ASAP. Deidre Hall being front and center has NEVER hurt this show before and I would much rather her and Eileen being shoved in my face everyday than Missy Reeves, Shawn Christian, and Nadia Bjorlin. dry.png

• Members

Overall, not a good week on Days. Just a few of my observations and opinions.

1) Did Nancy just leave without saying goodbye?! It says her last airdate was Wed April 10. I hate it when the writers refuse to even write one final scene. Heck, even one sentence of dialogue to let us say goodbye to a character. At least have Nancy say to Chloe " Sweetie. I've done all I can do. The rest of this battle you have to fight on your own. Craig and Joy need me back home." I mean - something! I need farewells from characers! Even if for minor returns such as this one!

2) I agree it was great to see Laura. I missed most of the Laura iconic storylines of Days history (I started watching in 1996) but I respect the character's history as her place as an icon in Days history. I agree I wish they would have said where Laura is at (they mentioned JJ though, right? Maybe London.. I'm sure she is either in London or Africa with the rest of the Hortons!) Again, in writing I wish they would tell us (even in just two or three sentences) what Laura is up to these days.. Regardless, it was great to see JLB and her interaction with Missy Reeves. I don't really want Laura on canvas full time, but it is good to see her from time to time.

3) Is someone keeping count? HOW many episodes in a row have Chloe/Dan been in now. 2 weeks straight? 3 weeks straight? What's the record for a character/actor appearing in so many episodes in a row? Jason47 surely knows that info. I feel like Dr. Dan has to be giving it a run for its money. I'm glad this storyline is wrapping up. The acting by Shawn and Nadia on Thurs/Fri was actually pretty intense and dramatic. So props to them for that. But please, lets wrap this up asap!

4) I concur about Kate Mansi - this girl can act. She's been a B-storyline player on Days now for a couple years.. give this girl an A-storyline that is Emmy worth.. Involve Chad and Cameron (who IMO are both good actors) - have Jenn be supporting for a change. Throw in the new JJ. Have Will and Sonny involved.. Kate would rock it! I would love to see them do a socially relevant storyline like bulemia/anorexia or something with her. Kate is a great actress and they need to utilize her.

5) LOVING Chad's comedic releif.. keep it up! Casey Deidrick is gold. I know some don't like him, but he's one of my favorites..

6) I know others may disagree - but having Caroline show up at the strip club was a slap in the face! Both to me as a fan. And to the character of Caroline Brady. Caroline is a respected matriarch. A great-grandmother. This is a perfect example to me of character-driven story vs. plot-driven story... having Caroline show up was completely plot driven. It not only goes against Caroline's character - but the only reason she was there in the first place was to "fit into the storyline" of "don't let anyone see Cameron here." It was tactless IMO. I would much rather see stories that are driven by character, emotion, drama, and passion. Days needs to step it up.

• Members

Caroline has been shown as a bourbon swilling hard-nosed character, one who went as far as to try and break her son out of prison back in the '80s. She also had the affair with Victor. While she's a respected matriarch, I think being older and having gone through what she's just gone through, she's allowed to cut loose and have fun. She wasn't visiting a brothel.

The Chloe stuff... was fine. Honestly, I should be riveted by something like this as if it were a classic Sami scene where Austin finally figured out what she was up to. This pales in comparison to what I'm sure the eventual Brady vs. Kristen confrontation will be. I need to be rooting for a villainess AND the hero, but not just the villainess because I hate the "hero."

I wish Kristen would text Jennifer to see how she is and Laura would see her phone and be like, "You friends with that bitch again?!"

Archived