DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally love Lucas, he and Phillip are my favorites out of Kate's brood. BD and LK have amazing mother/son chemistry.

I'm loving Kate's involvement in the baby story now. With the previous regime, you'd almost forget that Will had two grandmothers outside of the brief battle to see which Grandma was more happy about a gay grandson.

• Members

OMG! Daniel cracks Chloe's scheme in one episode. By next Friday, I expect a full possession and Melaswen sub-plot to be wrapped up in this storyline!wacko.png Seriously though, has a storyline ever been this warp speed crazy fast! Dannifer will reunite by before the week is out at this rate. Even if I saw some rooting value in this couple, how am I meant to take seriously all these quickie make-ups and break-ups?

I did lol at Nicole chewing the nurses out after they told her everything and Maxine appeared.

Victor/Bristen felt like filler today - that's not good. And can Josh Taylor please retire? He speaks as if his tongue has been staple-gunned to the side of his mouth.

I love that Gabbi wants to keep Will involved in raising Ari. Without that dynamic, this story would feel very predictable.

• Members

RE the Maggie thing. No it wasn't the dumbest thing ever, especially on DAYS, lol, I was just being dramatic about it. It's all good. I see your points, I do, I just didn't really buy much about it. I thought it was all a bit much for me. Like they couldn't pour it on any thicker. It just rings hollow, that's all. I see on paper why she'd react that way.

I don't mind BD and Lucas. I loved his glee with Jenn. I am tired of all the shouting he seems to do in the little airtime he gets.

• Members

I love Lucas as well. And I'm a huge BD fan. He seems very down to earth, fun loving, and has a good head on his shoulders. And while I don't think the character of Lucas works well as the leading man. I think BD plays a supporting actor amazingly! I really wish TPTB would use him for comedic relief more. Just as they finally learned that Victor works great for comedy with his one-liners, so does Bryan when they use it! (especially with Sami) I would love to see Lucas begin to fall for another woman and see Sami become jealous (I mean, other than Sami/Carrie) how many real relationships has Lucas been in ? (Nicole?). Would love to see more Lucas.

• Members

I think they realized this part of the story wasn't working and are trying to wrap it up as quickly as possible instead of prolonging the torture. I usually love slow builds and dragging out the drama, but a lot of these miscommunications feel like they have been dragged out enough already; it was hard to buy Daniel being so easily manipulated and Chloe being so deluded about her chances. I feel like I've been watching this story for a year, not 3 months. I'm glad they're finally moving fast.

Pretty good episode Wednesday! Great Daniel/Nicole conversation. I also like the fissure in Kate/Rafe over how she tried to manipulate Gabi -- it will give them some good character-based material to have conflict over it in their relationship -- and I can also buy how Nick is wearing Gabi down by making it seem like other people are plotting to wear Gabi down. His power sort of proves Kate's point though!

I liked that Sonny was conflicted about helping EJ. Will shifted again in his attitude about EJ and Stefano but I like that he got Sami to be more suspicious of EJ's motives and to probe whether EJ had forgiven Stefano.

About Lucas, he's one of those recognizable DAYS figures for me that I knew about when I didn't even watch the show, so I like that he's on and like him. I also think he's good in scenes with Will and with Sami particularly, but I like his sibling interaction with Jennifer too.

I hadn't seen Laura before and it was interesting to see Jennifer with her mom. She made a great point that parents are happy to have their children think to approach them. I wonder if she will be going to Salem to interact with anyone else.

• Members

I'm a little surprised they had Lucas say that stuff to Jennifer in the first place. I know it's "in character" for Lucas to feel this way, but soaps don't exactly care about that these days. Either they realized someone on the show who isn't a villainous character has to feel this way, even if it's just one person, or they think Lucas is a weasel and we're supposed to root for the orange one even more. Either way, it makes me laugh. I like the idea of Lucas being some dorky brother who just tramples all over his twit sister's feelings. It's more realistic than a lot of sibling relationships on daytime.

Sometimes I think Melissa Reeves looks OK and sometimes I think she looks busted, but I would rather see someone who looks busted than someone who looks like a space alien. She just needs to get better hair and wardrobe.

• Members

DAYS right now isn't generic "soaps ... these days," it's character-driven and shows multiple sides of most characters. I don't think DAYS tells you what to think about any character other than maybe painting Chloe as way too villainous (who still has her fans), despite people sometimes feeling like it "props up" Daniel and Jennifer. Lucas has consistently been skeptical about Daniel in the months I've been watching.

• Members

That's certainly true. I just feel like he's probably the main one on the show who is not a Daniel fan, so that stands out for me, and sometimes I wonder what the show's agenda is. But I do think the show is trying to be more character-driven now, which is nice.

Archived