Unsung

Eric83

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Flip Wilson is one of those celebrities / shows that was right before my time (as I'm an 80s baby), so while I've heard/read of it/him many times, I've never actually seen an episode - all the more reason why he fit the very definition of Unsung perfectly. (I love Pam Grier, but I'd hardly consider her "unsung" amongst those who matter - i.e.: her core audience). I wasn't crazy about seeing that hatchet-faced heifer, Joan Rivers, but I figure that this was the wrinkle that I had to deal with in an otherwise great episode.

That said, seeing clips of OJ Simpson mingling with Black folks on Black shows never fails to startle me, considering what lay ahead.

• Members

I have a friend who thought that Boyz II Men were the first to sing "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday". I sent her the link of G.C. Cameron's original from the Cooley High soundtrack. I assume Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs will be in the episode (at least, I hope!!). In any case, it looks like it will be a good episode. Can't wait to see it.