Unsung

Eric83

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, she really comes across as a stick up her butt bitch. If you weren't familiar with the character, you might think she was a Vanessa-type.

Jonathan Reiner was always talking about how he wished GL would send him some JH clips. I hope he's seen this one. And "Naylon Mitchell in the red shirt" is really gettin' it. :lol:

• Members

Vesta appeared on the Monique Show shortly before she passed and talked about how the sort of heartbreak in the song Congratulations actually ended up happening to her. When she was singing the song, she was trying to cry and looked as if she was in a very sad place.

For those interested, you can watch many of the Unsung episodes on soultracks.com

• Members

@Virginia Hamilton: I agree.

My favorite Unsung shows are:

Angela Bofill- Very sad, tragic, but quite a comeback story.

Tammi Terrell- Very sad and shocking.

DeBargesad.png

Phyllis Hyman:sad.png Shocking Clive Davis wasn't interested in her musical career after he met Whitney Houston.(I love Whitney, but it was just shocking

Clive Davis dropped her.) Phyllis voice was one-of-a-kind sending chills down the spine.

Edited by Tamar

• Members

Considering that I only know 3 songs of theirs (Slow Jams, No Parking on the Dance Floor, and Curious), it'll be interesting to learn about them.

I still don't consider Isaac Hayes to be an 'Unsung' artist, but I nevertheless enjoyed his episode.

The weirdest Unsung episode that I've seen is Miki Howard's. I'm not sure if it was because of her obvious crackish demeanor or the haphazard way that they told her story (with gaping holes in between), but something was definitely off about that one.