Pioneers of Television

dragonflies

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looking forward to it. Lynda lives not far from me and a mall sighting is still a pretty big deal for locals. I've met LF, he's my friend's dad, a really nice guy.

I finally watched the primetime soap ep. I thought it was well done and satisfying. I don't know about everybody else, but these types of shows always seem to just scratch the surface, like they could be six hours long. But this one, as I said, was pretty satisfying.

I'm not saying this just to be kind, but whenever Donna Mills popped up on screen, she took my breath away a little. A very attractive woman at her age.

• Members

The superhero episode was better than the soap opera one. I think it is because it dealt with more significant cultural characters and they resonated more and continue to this day. Julie Newmar in that Catwoman suit was breathtaking and to this day 50 years later her Catwoman outshines all the others. Lynda Carter...if she isn't the moat beautiful woman to ever star on TV I don't know who is. She is flawless, still flawless to this day and to then switch from her to other "beauties" like Joan Collins and you see that there are beautiful people and then there are those whose faces border on perfection. George Reeves was such a sad figure and his story and the anecdotes from people like Collins and Van Ark, and the backstage information about stunts and whatnot made this a more informative and better show than the soap or comedy stars episodes.

• Members

Lynda Carter really is beautiful, and to an extent, even moreso than she was in youth (instead of pumping her face with fillers to keep it "youthfully plump" you now see more of her beautiful bone structure). I wish she worked more, and with a couple of new series shooting in the D.C. area, I hope that she'll pop up on at least one. You can always rely on a yearly red carpet sighting at the Kennedy Center Honors.

When Barbara Eden popped up in the primetime soap episode, I immediately deduced that they'd interviewed her for Jeannie and got "two for the price of one" so to speak (I'm surprised that they didn't mention her Dallas stint). At any rate, I loved that they continued to do this in the superhero episode, the two Joans being welcome surprises. It just gives all of the genres a sense of community, it connects them all.

I had no idea that Richard "Jaws" Kiel was the original Hulk.

Archived