November 5-9, 2012: Good Week For Soaps

Toups

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/11/15/days-of-our-lives-matches-an-11-week-high-among-women-18-49/157909/

NBC Press Release

'Days of Our Lives' Matches an 11 Week High Among Women 18-49

Categories: Daytime and Soap Opera TV Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By Sara Bibel

November 15th, 2012

via press release:

'Days Of Our Lives' MATCHES AN 11-WEEK HIGH AMONG WOMEN 18-49

IN THE VALUABLE WOMEN 18-34 DEMO, ‘DAYS’ EQUALS ITS HIGHEST rating IN NEARLY A YEAR

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – November 15, 2012 – “Days Of Our Lives” has equaled an 11-week high in women 18-49 and matched its best women 18-34 rating in nearly a year, according to “live plus same day” ratings results for the week of November 5-9 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week, "Days Of Our Lives" averaged a 0.9 rating, 6 share among women 18-49 and a 0.6 rating among women 18-34, to tie for #6 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tie for #4 in the women 18-34 race.

"Days" matched its top women 18-49 rating since August 20-24 and equaled its highest women 18-34 rating since the week of November 21-15, 2011.

Season to date, "Days Of Our Lives" is tied for #3 in the women 18-49 category and tied for #4 in the women 18-34 demo. In total viewers, "Days" is up this season versus last by 4 percent (2.6 million vs. 2.5 million).

Note that several daytime programs, including “Days Of Our Lives,” had shorter durations on Friday, Nov. 9, due to a Presidential press event.

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”

• Members

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/11/15/days-of-our-lives-matches-an-11-week-high-among-women-18-49/157909/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

ABC Ranks as Daytime’s #1 Network for 9th Consecutive Week in Women

18-34, Delivering the Programming Block’s Best Numbers in Well Over 2 Years;

#1 for the 5th Straight Week in Women 18-49

Soaring to a 21-Month High, “

The View” is the Week’s #1 Program in Daytime in Women 18-34; Wednesday’s Show is the Series’ Most-Watched in 21 Months

General Hospital” Levies Largest Competitive Edge Over “Young & The Restless” in Nearly 4-1/2 Years in Women 18-34; Up By Double-Digits Year to Year

The Chew” Heads Into the Holidays with Weekly Series Highs in Women 18-34; Hits 10-Month High in Total Viewers, Near 9-Month Highs in Women 18-49/25-54

Daytime Programming Highlights

• ABC stood as Daytime’s #1 network for the 9th consecutive week in Women 18-34 (0.7 rating/253,000), generating the daypart’s most-watched week in well over 2 years – since week of 7/6/10 – and was #1 for the 5th straight week in Women 18-49 (1.0 rating/624,000).

• In another solid week,General Hospitalranked a strong #2 in Women 18-34 (0.8 rating/266,000), posting its largest competitive advantage over “Young & The Restlessin nearly 4-1/2 years (+39% – vs. 191,000) since week of 6/23/08.

[*]Versus the year-ago week, General Hospital” soared by 21% in Total Viewers (2.82 million vs. 2.27 million), by 54% in Women 18-34 (266,000 vs. 161,000) and by 23% in Women 18-49 (679,000 vs. 571,000).

• Members
I've always watched GH on and off, but the feel of the show is so exciting right now. I don't want to miss an episode. I'm scared I might miss something. I love how RC/FV are using the Vets(Anna, Luke, Monica, Tracey, Duke and now Robert).

I wish Days would take notes from the GH writers..

• Members

I'm happy for GH. I think soon they will be knocking on B&B's door. I do think for sure they will cross over the 3 mill mark.

I hope Y&R goes up it is really good

Surprised Days weny up but I am very happy for them I hope they maintain their build upon their numbers this week for next week kuz Nicole knocked it out the park and it will be a good measure to see if Nicole can deliver big number by herself with out Sami being heavily invovled. So Im anxious to see how that plays out.

• Members

In all my years at this board, I don't believe that any show has been as much of a long term roller coaster as DAYS. Everytime I think that they're on hospice care, they climb up out of the deathbed.

I'll be interested to see the numbers for B&B. I really want them to gain for Stephanie's exit. Plus I want to see if the inverse relationship between CBS and ABC holds up. (Dear Lawd did I just type the words "inverse relationship?" What a sad state of affairs it is when I become the stat wonk in this thread. Somewhere MarkH, Sylph and Jess are all feeling a disturbance in the Force. laugh.png )

Archived