November 5-9, 2012: Good Week For Soaps

Toups

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The GH ratings are showing that the GH audience wants to see GH and not OLTL or The Todd Manning Hour. When Todd is dominating the screen and OLTL was the focus, the ratings didn't do well. Fitting the OLTL characters onto GH (2 of them can still GTFO) should have happened when FRon took over. Instead they tried to re-work GH to fit OLTL, and that failed. Glad they realized it and can focus on GH. I still believe Ron to be inept because even though he's bringing back the right people, it's not flowing very well, IMHO.

• Members

My senior year of highschool, I was out by 12:40 and was home by 1pm to watch DAYS live. And I'm Central Time Zone. If I were on the east coast, I could've seen AMC/B&B/Y&R.

Congrats to GH! I'm TiVoing it and watching about half the storylines, something I've NEVER done in my 18 years of watching soaps. I guess their plan to lure OLTL fans over has done the trick on me! ;)

• Members

rhino basically said she (?) didn't think good ratings would last. That isn't a horrible remark. People spent all of 2011 acting like OLTL's ratings were a sign from above, yet as the months went on, they steadily declined. It just happens.

Archived