GH: Sean Kanan returning

• Members

This works for me. And it opens up new avenues for story. Michael's biological father is back! Let's see the squabbling that all of that produces. I actually think the Q family can be rejuvenated even further. Let Monica get herself a new man and move him in, let Tracy get a man (if it's not Joe then someone else), and move him in, then we have A.J. back "from the dead," bring back both of Tracy's sons, Ned and Dillon, bring back cousin Celia Quartermaine and reveal that she has 2 daughters, one a scheming young college student, while the oldest daughter arrives and takes a job at GH as a physician. Celia's ex-husband can come on later to help stir the pot.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not acting like it's horrific because it's Frank and Ron (although I certainly don't trust them to handle this or any story well). I'm acting like it's horrific because bringing anyone back from the dead (if that is indeed what is about to happen here, who knows) is a plot device that has seen better days and needs to be rested. Permanently. It's cheap, it's lame, it's uncreative, and it's tired. Simple as that.

Same goes for the "I had twins and didn't know it!" scenario I mentioned upthread. No mother is THAT tired during childbirth.

• Members

Oh, the principle thing is silly. It doesn't always work that way, and you know it. Sometimes it's just a mistake and needs to be fixed.

It wouldn't matter who did this - I'd call it what it was, the smartest move. I've been saying A.J. needs to be back on contract since before he died.

• Members

True. But perhaps -- just perhaps -- if these so-called writers and producers put a little more consideration into the long-term picture and a little less into what gets the ratings up for Sweeps, they wouldn't keep making these stupid mistakes that have to be corrected down the road with further preposterous twists that distort logic, insult intelligence, and reinforce every negative idea that the mainstream community continues to hold in regard to these shows.

Archived