GH: Sean Kanan returning

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True that, Vee, lol!

BTW, I truly hope no one here is taking all my comments too much to heart. Lord knows I'm not a fan of Frank and Ron or what they've been doing to GH, but I'm certainly not going to begrudge anyone who feels differently. If anything, I'm glad a soap opera can still please people. Compare that to GUIDING LIGHT, which, by the end, was pleasing about six people, three of which lived inside one person's head.

Furthermore, despite my earlier comments, I really believe it's best (for me, anyway) just to step back and see how this all unfolds. Because if SK returns and it turns out I've anticipated the worst for nothing, I'll have to eat major, major crow.

• Members

My first reaction is, damn, why didn't Brad Bell offer him a contract? I wanted Deacon back on B&B long term. Oh well, congrats to GH. I imagine he'll be playing AJ Q. The part of me that wants more Q's is happy, but I also know with RC writing his return from the dead story will be a hot mess.

• Members

Ugh, thats not what you originally stated and simply going by the numbers which you alluded to, the OLTL transfers havent outweighed the number of GH returnees. And going based on quantity vs quality, as Soapboy mentioned, only 3 OLTLers have made the permanent jump with the other 2 making sporadic brief appearances.

• Members

From now on, I'll drop the "Llanview invasion" part of the argument, because, really, it feels like beating a dead horse after awhile.

I'll just say that Frank and Ron are not writing and producing a version of GH I find compelling, and then leave it at that.

• Members

That's pretty much what I was talking about. I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not so much shocked he'd take the job, but shocked at his return. I'm glad he's getting another chance, but I thought that bridge was long past burned. I thought BW would be the one asked back if this day ever came.

• Members

I think A.J. and Carly (with Sarah Brown) would go a long way towards exciting the audience and forging something new. They always had heat, and it's all but a "forbidden" pairing now. They've been mortal enemies forever, but they had passion and they share a son in one of the town's core, beloved families. Carly has a lot to atone for, not only to A.J. but to Jax and her children. Finding love with A.J. again, A.J. of all people, could take her down that road. And it would be hot, in that E.J/Sami love/hate way but without the rape and all the terrible writing. It would completely change the shape of the canvas. It would certainly shock the audience.

And yeah, since I like the hybridization I'd bring on a drastically retooled Victor Jr., probably recast, and play with that dynamic. Have him be a very different man, a chameleon, exploring different interests and wearing different hats as he experiments with life to find out who he really is beneath the Two Todds mess. He'd be a kook. One day an artist, the next a mogul. And his marriage with Tea would be on the rocks as a result, and you could play a quad, though likely end it on A.J./Carly and Victor/Tea. It would also amp up the Lord/Manning stuff on GH, which I like. Sorry.

Archived