Characters and sets

• Members

I think Brooke's Victorian House was around a good five years. Aunt Phoebe was staying at the house, but they were never clear about Langley passing away until they held Aunt Phoebe's memorial.

In her will, she left the bulk of her estate to Jamie, including the Wallingford Estate, on the condition that Jamie leave that trollop Babe.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC

Dimitri/Marrick/Greys - Wildwind. I was OUTRAGED when they chaged the set following the move to LA but I guess it was fitting as that set had long been removed from the family. They changed the Chandler mansion at the same time but at least the change was written into the story unlike Wildwind which just changed from one episode to the next

Krystal/Tad - their house in the last few years

• Members

Since it's been around since 1965, and Y&R only since 1973, I'd still consider the Horton Living Room the longest run set on daytime TV. But then again, I'm biased :)

As for the Horton Living Room stats, I only have the past three years on the computer to quickly look up:

2010: 13 episodes

2011: 57 episodes (averages out to more than once a week!!)

2012 (as of August 30): 16 episodes (averages out to once every other week)

So 86 episodes in the past 2 years, 8 months...not too shabby for a 47-year old set!!

• Members

Thank you. That was my first thought! Viki belonged at Llanfair. I remember when Mitch Laurence took it over in 2003 and Viki moved into some small house that Natalie bought her. It was so weird because Viki looked so out of place. Sorry Dorian but Llanfair screamed Viki.

I actually liked Dorian in her early 80's penthouse. it had an interesting staircase and everything. It was very Dorian.

• Members

Dorian also occupied Llanfair sans Viki for a good part of the late '70s/early '80s.

I loved that penthouse too. It kind of resembled Erica's Linden set actually, with the contemporary tubular staircase:

• Members

One of my favorite Dorian sets was that weird penthouse she lived in before Strasser quit in 1987, which Melinda then took over (I'm not sure what happened to it after that). It looks a little like a very drab office remodeled for a home. That huge window is especially fascinating, and fatal. You have to love (?) that weird cow print on the wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8StlS3FInA

Oh, and whenever I think of Viki I immediately think of the Banner office, more than anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvEbNW2ZwVY

• Members

Yeah, that's the one with that big wall of block glass and hanging glasses, like she entertains for parties of fifty. Someone once said that this was the upstairs of the former penthouse. I think this was supposed to be what later became my favorite penthouse (black/tan/gold) that Elaine Princi's Dorian lived in before Robin's return in '93.

Archived