RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been traveling all day and saw the news on a regular TV site. Since Sony owns both Y&R and DAYS, I expect a deal has been struck to send Eileen to DAYS for a period of time to boost that show (or ride it out until it's axed) and then she'll come back to Y&R. I was planning on holding out on Y&R until the Bug returns, but now I'm not so sure. I commented two weeks ago that Ashley was boxed in with all the relationship shake-ups and that there really wasn't anyone else the character could be paired with, if she left Tucker. Then there was Cane/Ashley speculation and was intrigued by that. Guess that's not going to happen.

• Members

Why does anyone think sending ED to Days is going to boost that show. Not that I don't like her but hasn't the failed return of all the vets they brought back said anything? And does Days have some sort of unlimited budget? They brought back 5 folks in sept then lucas and Billie, that's 7 vets and ratings did nothing.

• Members

I'm with you Jane! I don't see her fitting today's DOOL. And HELL NO to Susan returning as EJ's mother. There's no place for that wacky chit today.

DOOL is going back to the young pretty people whining about self inflicted problems. That was the show before MarDar and you best believe Corday and company can't wait to get back there!

So over it!

ANDREA

• Members

Unpopular opinion (and therefore prob the wrong thread), but I never really like Kristen and all the other... Blake peeps on Days. Sister Mary Moira, fake-teeth Susan, all the Elvis stuff, everybody. Susan especially annoyed the [!@#$%^&*] out of me. I only got into Kristen after she got insanely jealous of J&M and she almost killed the Woman in White before realising she was her mother. My point is... I want Eileen playing Ashley. Either on Y&R or B&B.

• Members

I think the idea is that most of the vets had awful returning stories, and if ED returns, then she would have a better story. I don't think it would happen, but I can see why people want it to happen.

• Members

For me a return from Eileen Davidson/Kristin wouldn't be similar to the other vet returns because Kristin isn't a played out character...in my opinion the vets that returned, by in large, are played out and had burned through all their viable storyline because the writing wasn't evolving the characters. Kristin was only on canvas for 5 years and yet she's still talked about. As EJ's on the scene there's fresh potential.

• Members

I'll pass too.

No disrespect meant at ALL, Toups... to me, it's just a case of been there, done that. One group of vets didn't work out so let's shuffle in the next bunch of vets returning and try them out. Meanwhile, people suffer on the sidelines with no story.

Then again, I'm so disillusioned with Days at the moment maybe I should check out Y&R. lol

Archived