RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nor does it negate the HW and EP from responsibility. Point blank, everyone at Y&R works as a team because, legally, they have to. MAB gets notes from CBS, specifically Les Moonves, EB's personal friend who kept him employed at the show and at the salary he wanted, the money was found for him from Sony. Steve Mosco of Sony is in bed with Moonves whose in bed with the Bells who are in bed with Corday Productions (Corday owns a small minority stake in the show due to a lawsuit between Corday Productions and Bill Bell).

Victoria Rowell burned a lot of bridges at Y&R and was a victim of very hostile behaviour herself. Bell, CBS, Sony, the cast, the crew...nobody is innocent in Rowell-gate, not even Rowell herself.

Sony owns a minority in DAYS, if Corday wants to hire her, he will. Sony be damned.

• Members

Yeah, but...Days can want her back all it likes...but wouldn't Sony have a say? Seems to me if ED has issues with Sony now, those won't magically disappear. Especially since, as I said, Sony has a stake in both shows. If they didn't want to pay her at Y&R, why would they acquiesce at Days?

Add in that likely true rumor of Days getting a mandate to lower the median age of its cast to 38, and I just don't see it happening. (See Peter Reckell's rumored exit.)

But if I'm wrong, great!

• Members

All about legalities. Sony owns the majority of Y&R, it owns a minority in DAYS. The cheques get written by Corday, Sony is NOT the employers, it's a production partner at DAYS.

And as I've said, this isn't a Sony issue. That's a convenient scapegoat to soften the blow for MAB et al. The writing for Ashley is atrocious.

Also, where's the rumour about DAYS dropping it's median cast age to 38?

• Members

Like I said, if I'm wrong, great. But even if Sony is the minority (and I don't know, so I'm genuinely asking), does it foot any part of the license fee for NBC to carry the show?

As for the age thing, it seems to be the new big rumor around some boards. And honestly, I can see it happening. (I did state it was a rumor in my first post.) I think Days is, like all soaps, grasping at straws to try and stay afloat.

• Members

I just don't care about this chit anymore. Soaps are a joke now, and the final four can't bring it because their is no passion for the genre any longer. There are no more stories to tell. Continuing to cling to Daytime like long lost relatives is for what? Daytime as we knew it is gone!

Why are we shocked about this stuff in 2012?

ANDREA

• Members

The license fee is what NBC pays DAYS to air the show. So the way it breaks down is Corday (owning 51+% of the program) and Sony (owning less than 49% of the program) spends the license fee on producing and profiting off the program. Sony also acts as the syndication arm for DAYS, a further stream of revenue for the program and ultimately Corday and Sony. Sony and Corday apparently have to pay a penalty to NBC if the ratings for the show fall past a certain point (a number I don't know)...but ultimately all decisions come down to Corday. Ken Corday is the supreme authority on the show, there is no one above him and Sony, legally, does not have authority over the program.

That's a pretty hot rumour about a median cast age of 38, the firing's will be immense and the show will be very damaged for it.

• Members

Exactly, those long time ex-ABCers don't come cheap and Darnell is on that list too. The re-cast Heather Jennifer Landon probably isn't cheap either.

The writers may not want to write for ED/Ashley but Sarge, Tucker, Genevieve and Harmony are not must see TV and add nothing to the show. Upcoming new Heather will most certainly fall in that category.

Other useless characters Carmine, Chelsea, Anita, Eden, Jeff, Cane and Adam can go too. Never bought into that Adam hype.

Archived