RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Members

This is disappointing but Ashley has not been a factor for ages. I so think she had a warmer presence this time around but for what they use Ashley for they can bring Traci back on occassion.

I don't think she fits this era of Days and until this new writing team can improve things I'll pass. I do think bringing EJ's mother back would at least give his character something new to play but not sure they are interested.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She should count this as a blessing, I get she's a vet, but that's not merit enough to keep someone on the canvas if they litterally have nothing to do. Ashley';s character is tired, and it's time they stop reviving it for the sake of recycled power play plots.

Even if Days ruins her character, she'll be able to have a lot more fun on there.

• Members

I can't see her working on DAYS now at all, especially with EJ around - I guess they could just ignore the relationship since she likely won't be playing Susan, but it's still going to be odd. I do think if Stefano goes she is their best chance to have a strong head of the family.

GH is just godawful these days but if they offer her a good role as a new villain, I think she should take it, at least if DAYS doesn't call. Unfortunately RC only writes villains who wave guns and take hostages and all the rest, but I'd like to see her as a villain similar to what Stefan was early on.

• Members

I'm mostly going on Vivian's return - Louise Sorel did her best but they often seemed to struggle with writing for her. Characters who are villainous but also funny don't seem to be in the show's wheelhouse now.

• Members

But Kristin wasn't a funny villain, she was very serious, camp at times, but serious. Susan Banks was a comic character...I'm thinking she'd be more of a recurring presence, if she was even brought back at all.

Corday needs to dig into his own pockets and pay Eileen whatever it takes to have her return. It's the perfect time for a return.

• Members

They could fire so many people and the show would improve. Chloe and Kevin (both utterly worthless for many years), Tucker, Sofia, Chelsea, Catherine Blech, Ricky, Daisy. They may not want to touch Cane/Lily but at this point they might as well take the risk and write them out too. Neil is now totally irrelevant. Bacteria just recycle the same baby story and if they vanished tomorrow few would notice or care. Abby is worthless. On and on and on.

• Members

MAB wanted to get rid of Cane. She tried and gave him a nice death and everything than Sony made her write him back in. Lol alot can go but you basically want them to dump the whole cast. Some people just need to get better airtime. Abby and Devon are characters that have potential they just need to be written for. Certain people need to move to the backburner.

Archived