RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think after Vivian's return, Reilly-era characters aren't the best fit for anything in more recent DAYS.

I'm not too surprised if Eileen is gone. She came back solely to be a part of that sickening gaslighting story that got Sheffer hot. After this, and the backlash they faced from fans, they have had no idea what to do with her or interest in her.

And now comatose Stephen Nichols will get to sleepwalk his way through another failed pairings. I guess at least we can see if he and Genie Francis are as dull as they were on GH.

• Members

Oh great. Of all the characters -- and actors -- to be let go, this is one I actually care about. And yet a host of others are still stinking up the show?

Bad move, Y&R. Jess Walton away on leave and now this? WTF? Eileen Davidson is amazing.

• Members

Yes, she is very cold. I do think that she was warmer this time around, and she came alive in some of her B&B work. I always felt like LML made the right decision in letting Ashley go - the character has had no genuine story since her first marriage to VIctor ended, IMO. I hated the sperm story, I loathed it, I thought it was beneath Y&R, and ruined the characters involved.

I'm just sorry that they are not getting rid of dead weight like Stephen Nichols and Genie Francis first.

• Members

I disagree, I missed Ashley when she was fired by LML. Then again, I was enjoying her hatred of Gloria and was looking forward to that feud over the Abbott money when she got fired. But I've always liked Ashley and Eileen Davidson's portrayal so...

:( Legitimately sad.

• Members

Legitimately insulting to Eileen. Ashley Abbott is a 30 year character! This is outrageous and ridiculous and that Y&R chose to keep Genie Francis and Stephen Nichols is further proof that being done with this show is the right call.

Go to DAYS Eileen, even if it's crappy writing, you'll be on all the time and it won't be a toxic set environment!

Archived