RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can understand that point, substantial mending...yes, absolutely. The problem is that DAYS is on life support as it is thanks to the ratings. A quick fix, a shot in the arm that lasts a year or two as DAYS fades into the sunset? I'd settle for that.

• Members

Jess Walton & Eileen Davidson out before all of these ABC stars is kinda sad. The show is drifting away. Although I wasn't always pleased with the writing for Ashley, there is work to be done there before she's written off.

ETA:

Now I'm just waiting for "Kassie DePaiva IN as Ashley Abbott."

<_<

• Members

Unfortunately, all Maria and Hogan can think about right now is getting Ashley TO THE LAKE ASAP. (Hamner? Oh, he's busy seeing how to kill off Lauren in another "mystery" no one will give a [!@#$%^&*] about.)

• Members

As of now, JW is taking an extended leave of absence in order to spend time with new grandchild. Given MAB's track record, however, very few (myself included) will be surprised if that leave turns permanent.

• Members

That casting would almost make some kind of sense. More likely, Kassie would be cast as Dina.

My guess is there won't even be a new Ashley. I don't see a lot of interest in the Abbotts, and she's also a reminder of how Adam, one of their pet characters, terrorized a woman and then had her felt up by Molester MD.

• Members

Or Traci. Who decides to end her writing career in order to pursue her "lifelong dream" of becoming a singer. (Oh, hey, look! There's "old" Traci singing with Danny Romalotti! See, folks, WE'RE HONORING HISTORY!)

• Members

Of course its a social issues story as well as she undergoes gastric bypass surgery and the show deals with how she copes with her new hot thin body. To be extra offensive, MAB will have Kassie wear a fatsuit for her first few weeks

• Members

Then, once she loses all the extra weight, and her singing career takes off (thanks to Devon, of course), Traci will be stalked by Patty, who has escaped yet again from the nuthouse and undergone even more surgery in an attempt to look like Traci and yet again try to win Jack's heart.

• Members

God, I can just see MAB offering the part to KDP, though I think she's wrong for it. And frankly, despite the shitheap that show is, she might be wise to take it business-wise. We know how long it takes this regime to admit any mistakes, and that's money in the bank if GH doesn't grab her soon enough.

Actually, KDP can play cold and remote. She just hasn't had to do that in many, many years; at OLTL they slowly tailored Blair more to her personality, which was more grounded.

I loved Eileen Davidson on DAYS, where I thought she was an utterly different performer; she could play comedy at DAYS, definitely. But I think Kristen is such an iconic, towering force as a character that she can't really work long-term again. Maybe a short run. Certainly not with these new writers. I would actually be excited if they hadn't just canned McPherson and the other guy, but with the C-team this is going to be another waste of talent like Crystal Chappell and Louise Sorel.

• Members

Wow MAB&Co have pulled a Latham here but not surprised. Getting rid of Davidson instead of other non-key performers already proved to be an epic fail in the past and will do so again.

I doubt the show will recast Ashley but if they do I bet we'll be getting one of our big name stars be it Victoria Jackson, Bo Derek, Catherine Oxenberg or Kim Zimmer(insert joke here).

For Davidson, I remember the clamor for a return back in 2007 but it never happened. I don't know how I'd feel about her return there especially right now and after the waste of Louise Sorel's return was.

Archived