RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've watched this show since day 1. Since this has happened right on the heels of this Victor/Sharon fiasco I don't know how much longer I will watch. I just love ED ...... the show is not the same without her. I did stop watching for a while when LML was at tha helm. I can always do it again.

• Members

She is a solid actress that was serviceable in a role that Eileen made famous.

It was Eileen (in addition to Bill's writing) that made the character popular.

Brenda's tenure as Ashley is inconsistent at best & despite her warmth as an actress most of Ashley's pairings (save Diamont's Brad) were the most universally panned of all of the character's many relationships. Brenda is a B level story romantic heroine which is exactly what she played during her time on the show & Bill wrote the character to her strengths much the way Y&R's written Victoria since Amelia was cast. She's a better actress than Amelia but it's no surprise that it was during her stint that Ashley went from Y&R's 2nd most popular heroine to it's 4th or 5th.

Which is why it's pointless for her to return.

Just as it would be for Donnelly, Rowell, Tom, Williams, Cast or any of the other solid actresses who helped make Y&R number one.

• Members

As I said when she was first fired, I'm certain that Sony (since it own both Y&R and DAYS) is planning to move her in another attempt to "Save Days" - then when that flops, she'll be back to Y&R. This has been handled in a brilliant way - lots of controversy, which creates buzz, then fans getting excited (demanding) that she should go back to DAYS. Frankly, while I love ED, Ashley is just a second-fiddle character (and she shouldn't be). Like when Jack was shot, she was his fill-in. Hello? Ashley she be running Jabot and then fighting off Jack when he tries to get it back. The Tucker pairing was clearly a bad idea for the character and, now, with the exception of Cane, there's no one worth paring her with. I doubt TBTB would dare mess with Lane after last year's fiasco.

That said, Gen and Kevin can high tail it out of town. I actually like DM - now that's she's getting more comfortable with the role (pls don't pair her with KSJ - he sucks the air out of every scene because he's just a lazy actor). DW - Sarge is a minor character - I doubt he's a payroll hog. No commentary on Landon since we haven't seen her yet - plus I'm biased because of ATWT.

• Members

Honestly I don't think Ashley was ever popular as a character based on her romances, aside from Victor. I just think she was someone who was understood by Bill Bell and hasn't been understood by anyone since.

I don't think this is a ploy, as it doesn't make Y&R look great and I'm not sure DAYS will hire her.

• Members

Funnily enough, in its own way, casting Epperson is stunt casting. Who knows? Maybe MAB, Sheffer, & Kent will see it that way too, no? I could see Sheffer falling in love with her, which is a scary thought in its own right, actually.

IMO, it was a HUGE disappointment because Diamont didn't have the same chemistry with ED that he did with BE. Period.

• Members

Brad & Ashley's marriage was very popular (even with the sperm drama) which is one of the big reasons (among many) why so many viewers hated Brad & Olivia's affair (as well as Ashley dumping Brad for Victor later).

Archived